Implemented Poll as collapsed option

TheLaw

Most of the time people aren't creating polls. Having it open takes up too much valuable screen real estate for doing what we do most when creating a new thread -- typing in this box. I'd opt for a longer vertical text box and just a collapsed option for a poll that I could click to expand. Feels a little cramped here on the top, even in a big monitor.

Upvote 18
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If an admin really wanted to edit a vote count, couldn't they just do it in the database? :)

Then why we have such a thing called ACP or moderation tools? If an admin really wanted to change a setting/delete a topic/delete a post/move a topic, couldn't (s)he just do it in the database? :)

Then why we have such a thing called ACP or moderation tools? If an admin really wanted to change a setting/delete a topic/delete a post/move a topic, couldn't (s)he just do it in the database? :)

That's my point. Mike said that Admins are not allowed to edit vote counts. But my point is if they really wanted to edit vote counts (for fraudulent reasons or otherwise), they could just do it in the database. So you might as well give them the tools to do it right within the software. :)

That's my point. Mike said that Admins are not allowed to edit vote counts. But my point is if they really wanted to edit vote counts (for fraudulent reasons or otherwise), they could just do it in the database. So you might as well give them the tools to do it right within the software. :)

Oh sorry, my bad :)

Why not put the whole of these Poll options behind a tab/hidden section? I mean, how often does one use these Poll options compared to creating just a thread without a poll? I feel it clutters the really great clean UI of xenForo too much now. Or do I miss the obvious?

Poll.webp

(this was the first posting in a thread that was later merged)

I like to have clutter removed as well, and I think this can be removed to create a clean interface.

You need to ensure it is easy to find/notice.

The little tab at the bottom of the forum for example I didn't notice for about a week.
Speaking of which, where has it gone?

You need to ensure it is easy to find/notice.

The little tab at the bottom of the forum for example I didn't notice for about a week.
Speaking of which, where has it gone?

Are you referring to the Thread Options tray? It's still there on the thread listing page.

I think the expanding menu that they use for the thread display/sort options could also be used for poll options within the reply page.

tab-closed-png.194

I seems more people are agreeing with the suggestion, so please press [like] on the first posting :).

To conclude: as you can see the Poll-area with all it's fields and whistles is almost as BIG as the Post creation-area above it! And how much do forum-users actually post polls compared to post... postings? If people really have the need to post a Poll... they will find it if it's underneath a tab or something. I believe in the power of clean and simple user interfaces and from that point of view including all those Poll options and display them permanently visible there makes this particular screen (and one of the most used screens in XenForo) more convulted then it could/'should' be.

Top Bottom