Political Buddies Debate Community

Cal

Please critique.

(I know the facebook and twitter feeds on the home page are not working btw)

Link in sig (as you can see lol) :)

you might want to throw the following in the extra.css template I noticed the date in your calendar breaks on to another line.

Code:
.recentNews .newsDate .newsDay {
    font-size: 24px;
}

Please critique.

Looks good. From a user standpoint excellent with the pix and discussions being your front page content and drawing the reader to the forums and interaction. You'll get the Facebook and Twitter feeds up it will dress it up even more.

I'm interested in the ForumCon.com talk on how to make the Facebook and Twitter links enhance the forum traffic.

I'm hoping to have mine look very similar to yours. Almost the default XenForo/XenP0rta look which, to my mind, is the best of breed for vB, IPB and XF.

I like how the pix from the threads come to the front page. Is that standard with XenPorta? Also, what are you using for a gallery?

It's a standard option on Xenporta. The gallery is Xenmedio - which is also, like xenporta, developed by 8runway.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenmedio-media.97/

Tried to do the sign up but never received the email confirmation. Hit the resend but still nothing.

Did you check your junk box? This might be an issue I didn't know about. I disabled email confirmation for now to test. Can you try again and let me know if it works ok without confirmation? I'm just hoping I wont get hit by spammers when I disable it lol.

List of add ons

Thanks for the list.

Holy Smokes! That's a lot of stuff to add in and keep track of...or it seems like it.

27 of them...average $50(?)...that's needing $1,350 in Add-ons for nicely working XenForo site?

FYI All those links in the other message take me to your site Admin log-in page.

90% are free lol. I went through the entire resources gallery.

Whew! That's good news.

Still a lot of moving parts to keep track of and maintain. Though I guess a lot of them are install and forget about it unless a XenForo update breaks them. And then it's a snipe hunt.

Well I chose green and black because we're a neutral oriented forum. We don't support any particular party. I was afraid red would imply that we we're a conservative only forum, blue a liberal only forum...so i chose green lol. Nice and neutral. I might change it in the future but I haven't seen much out of Xen's theming community yet - everyone seems to be waiting for the final verdict on the software :-/

Thanks for the feedback :)

Yeah. that would be a tough call then. Maybe go with a silver theme? Those usually look great. I totally understand what you're saying but for some reason green just doesn't make me want to talk politics. Makes me want to talk organic stuff and plants, but not politics. I think "drift" would be great for your forum. http://www.audentio.com/

I could try that...but my issue is it's $45. I'm kinda on a tight budget. Military life has never been a real high salary lol. I'll see what I can find in silver though. Maybe it'll help registrations. We're having a tough time with recruiting members right now even though the community is active and very fast growing. Right now we seem to be in a standstill with the same crowd :-/

Yeah I understand the money issue. You could replace the green with grey gradient similiar to your logo text "Political" then use the flag as your new and read icons. Just dim the flag a bit for your read. ?

I messed with your theme a bit. I didn't have time to fix the font colors much but you get the idea. If you want to keep the black background then maybe something in gray which is probaby more neutral than green? I dunno. :) Some flags were added and a gray scaled flag for 'no new" icon.

poltalk.webp

I messed with your theme a bit. I didn't have time to fix the font colors much but you get the idea. If you want to keep the black background then maybe something in gray which is probaby more neutral than green?

The XenForo flesh tone would be good. The gray looks gray. I was thinking a chrome yellow might do it. Of course purple is Blue/Red mix for politics.

Top Bottom