PM

Cees50

Much of my users are custom to vB.
Many of them have problems with the conversations. IS it possible to have a PM button in the postbit, were they can click to start an conversation?

I saw the add pm to conversation_add. But that isnt correct. Is there an othr way or were can i do this and how ? (no coder)

I too felt that PC (Personal Conversations) are quite hidden away. I put a button under the postbit and also a button under the avatar on the profile page. (That addon didnt exist then) I renamed "Start Conversation" to bolded "TALK!" in phrases so the button is tidy.
I also made the link bigger on the Membercard.

I too think it should be directly under the avatars, I might customise some of my forums
But under the actual avatars on the thread (only 1 click away)

<< Here

I know, and still they are sending email that they dont know how to do that :eek: They are searching for the sen a PB button
What are the "problems with the conversations" that they have?

Are they aware that clicking on the username of the poster brings up the member card which has a Start Conversation link?

If you still need it, this should do the trick: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-a-pm-start-conversation-button-to-postbit.1221/

If i do this, its in the wrong place. in the conversation_add i cant find the
Code:
        <!-- slot: message_user_info_text -->
        </h3>
    </xen:hook>

In the message_user_info found the line. But if i put the code there i got an error.
I too felt that PC (Personal Conversations) are quite hidden away. I put a button under the postbit and also a button under the avatar on the profile page. (That addon didnt exist then) I renamed "Start Conversation" to bolded "TALK!" in phrases so the button is tidy.
I also made the link bigger on the Membercard.

How did you do that? ;) Im no coder, but if i can read what to do, i found my way. (using TMS)

Got this:

2izFe.png

Here's what I have on my profile pages under the avatar in the left sidebar.

Template is member_view

Rich (BB code):
<xen:include template="ad_member_view_below_avatar" />
        <xen:hook name="member_view_sidebar_start" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}'}" />
        <div class="section infoBlock">
            <dl class="secondaryContent pairs">
                <xen:hook name="member_view_info_block">
                    <xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}">
                        <dd>
                            <a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}">
                                <input type="submit" class="button primary" value="{xen:phrase start_conversation}" />
                            </a>
                        </dd>
                    </xen:if>     

The part in blue is added. My link to start a C is a button.
If you don't want a button do this:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:include template="ad_member_view_below_avatar" />
        <xen:hook name="member_view_sidebar_start" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}'}" />
        <div class="section infoBlock">
            <dl class="secondaryContent pairs">
                <xen:hook name="member_view_info_block">
                    <xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}">
                        <dd>
                            <a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}">
                                {xen:phrase start_conversation}"</a>
                        </dd>
                    </xen:if>     

Mysteriously although it says xen:phrase start_conversation searching Phrases on gets me no resultrs! I bet Chris can tell us why.

Top Bottom