XF 2.2 PM after 10 Posts?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

Is there a way in XenForo 2, where you can not allow users to PM unless they post 10 posts first? or would I need an addon for this?

Thankyou

Will this work if the user as the default group (Registered)? they stay in that group but are allowed after 10 posts to PM people?

Will this work if the user as the default group (Registered)? they stay in that group but are allowed after 10 posts to PM people?
Yes, ALL users should be in the registered user group. You simply disable conversations for that group, create a new group and grant it conversation permission, create a promotion to promote users that have created 10 posts into it.
XF uses cumulative group permissions.... so you can have members in multiple groups (but the base should ALWAYS be REGISTERED for everyone) for styling and for granting specific ability above what the registered group has.

I do this for my site to allow access to the Classifieds add-on for creating ads. Everyone can view them, but you have to have at least 5 posts in approved areas for the promotion to move you to create permissions.

Yes, ALL users should be in the registered user group. You simply disable conversations for that group, create a new group and grant it conversation permission, create a promotion to promote users that have created 10 posts into it.
XF uses cumulative group permissions.... so you can have members in multiple groups (but the base should ALWAYS be REGISTERED for everyone) for styling and for granting specific ability above what the registered group has.

I do this for my site to allow access to the Classifieds add-on for creating ads. Everyone can view them, but you have to have at least 5 posts in approved areas for the promotion to move you to create permissions.
Thankyou, very nice website by the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom