Plugin Upload Help

Hey XenForo community,

A while back I installed XenPorta and it went just fine.

Now, I am attempting to install 2 more plugins, but don't know exactly how to do it. Bear with me here since I am still fairly knew to XenForo. Here are the 2 plug-ins;

Google AdSense
XenFans Extra Tabs

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if this has already been posted, if it has please redirect me. Thanks!

Most addons require you to:

1) Upload their files to the library directory.

2) Import the XML file in your Admin CP.

XenPorta uses the same process and you installed that addon OK. The other addons should be the same unless they come with special instructions.

Most addons require you to:

1) Upload their files to the library directory.

2) Import the XML file in your Admin CP.

XenPorta uses the same process and you installed that addon OK. The other addons should be the same unless they come with special instructions.

I was thinking this, and I am assuming, like most other forum software I have used, that I upload literally EVERY single thing that comes within the ZIP, yes?

Also, based on my FTP all the files are there. When it says "import from server" i put in the EXACT name of the XML file and it give me the following error:

Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

I was thinking this, and I am assuming, like most other forum software I have used, that I upload literally EVERY single thing that comes within the ZIP, yes?

Also, based on my FTP all the files are there. When it says "import from server" i put in the EXACT name of the XML file and it give me the following error:

Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.
Most addons include an upload folder, and usually they are uploaded to the root directory. It is not always necessary to upload every single file, as often it includes a readme or license, those are not needed.

As for the file name error, you need to add the full path, not just relative to your public_html directory. It should be something like /home/user/public_html/path/to/xml

Right, now it says this when I do the actual file from the computer,

Please enter a valid callback method.

Do I need to do what you said? list the specific directory?
No, if you upload from your computer it shouldn't need the directory. That is if you install from a server directory. I don't know what that error means, your best bet is to ask where you got the addon, or check the instructions to see if you did everything correctly.

The XenFans ExtraTabs plugin that I made comes with the same structure as XenForo, directory and file wise.

XenForo unpacked has:

upload/library/XenForo

You put everything within upload/* to your server
If you'd look into this directory you would see the library/ directory for example.

Unpacking XenFans ExtraTabs you'd get:
upload/library/XenFans/etc

You can go into the library directory on both the unpacked add-on and the one by xenforo on the host.
Move the XenFans directory over so you end up with

library/XenFans/ExtraTabs/*

Then you're ready to import the .xml file via the admin control panel.

Make sure that you a) have a backup of all your files and your database prior to doing any xenforo customizations.
And b) that your upload settings are to merge existing directories and overwrite existing files.

The XenFans directory doesn't overwrite any official default xenforo directories or files.

Since I got no response I can only assume that you're using an unlicensed copy.

The site has been closed for registration by the end of last year.
I couldnt' find your username on my site, so I didn't manually create it since.
I requested you in a personal conversation to provide me with a login which you have not.

And you registered on this site this year, after my site was closed.

Feel free to contact me still.

Top Bottom