• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Plugin Request - Donation Module

gwinans

[GP] Donate is insufficient and appears to be dead in the water.

Here's the basic feature set (possibly more? We can talk):

- Side Bar Item
- Title can be renamed
- Button can be picked from default paypal ones
- Brief blurb inside
- % to Goal bar - Should update automatically
- Ability to set the $ amount to Goal within a given timerange (Monthly, weekly..)
- The % amount to goal reset on a new time cycle.
- Ability to manually add or remove donations (if someone has to skip around due to some paypal limitation)

When a user clicks on the link, it should take them to another page:

Amount To Donate: (Default Amount) in: (List of Currencies)
Donate Anonymously? [X] <--checkbox, unchecked by default
Leave a note!
[ I'm a note in a small textbox! ]

On clicking the submission button it should:
- Log the user (even when anonymous), amount, note and time in the database (I'll even provide the schema!) in an UNCONFIRMED state
- If not logged in, user should be notified they are not logged in. If they choose not to log in, log user as "Anonymous"
- Send the user to the Paypal payment page to complete.
- Notify the admin via Alerts or EMail (Or both - selectable option)
----

- A link to a Donation page should be optional - to let people know who donated and how much. Items do not show on this page until confirmed (see below)
- In the Admin CP, there should be a page that lets the admin look at and Confirm/Delete donations.

Would be nice if it could:

Tie into the subscription system for automatic changes to forum rank.

I am willing to pay for the development of this plugin. Give me a quote before you dive in.

Caveat: I'd like to (not required) see this plugin released to the public as well :)

For inspiration:
See the screenshots at the bottom of this post:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-84084.html

Something like that, but hopefully better. It's what I used before moving to XenForo! :)

Bumping this one.

Serious about paying someone reasonably to work on this and make it happen. This isn't a very hashed out idea. Once built, I'd like to see it open-sourced to the Xen community.

PM me and we can talk!

I greatly need this as well, I mean, this is how my forums effectively pays for itself. I would be more than willing to chip in for the cost as well.

I'm speaking with a mod developer right now about this.

If you have a fairly strong set of features you'd like to see, please post them here.

I'm not 100% sure of the intention/scope he has, but it may very well be a released community mod.

My ideas:

• Log who donated (by IP if anonymous)
  • Log how much was donated
  • Repeating or one-time donation series
  • Reset repeating ones monthly but keep track of donation history
  • Ability to confirm/remove donations ( I don't think PayPal IPN works for non-business accounts)
  • Hook into subscription system to automatically alter group membership upon donation validation
  • Ability to leave a note when donating
  • Ability to set fixed or variable donation amounts (by dropdown or user-entered amounts)
Take a look at the Tera Donation or MyBB for a basic idea of how the confirmation/deletion page would work.

I'm speaking with a mod developer right now about this.

If you have a fairly strong set of features you'd like to see, please post them here.

I'm not 100% sure of the intention/scope he has, but it may very well be a released community mod.

My ideas:

• Log who donated (by IP if anonymous)
  • Log how much was donated
  • Repeating or one-time donation series
  • Reset repeating ones monthly but keep track of donation history
  • Ability to confirm/remove donations ( I don't think PayPal IPN works for non-business accounts)
  • Hook into subscription system to automatically alter group membership upon donation validation
  • Ability to leave a note when donating
  • Ability to set fixed or variable donation amounts (by dropdown or user-entered amounts)
Take a look at the Tera Donation or MyBB for a basic idea of how the confirmation/deletion page would work.

Is this being developed for you now?

Haven't heard from the individual who was going to work on it in a week or so now. Not sure of his level of engagement/interest.

ditto, also interested, hopefully a freeware one, there are some mods that is paid but offer very little functionality, imo is waste of my money

Very nice.

If he's still down for it, we can all bang heads and put together ideas and get something gorgeous out.

There are only 6 likes to date for this thread, Maybe its not that important to most forum admins... odd since i see donation modules on a boat load of vB forums. Im also surprised nobody has coded an automated donation system.. To bad Adam is so busy with his vB4 site that he couldn't port his donation manager over to XF sooner then later.

We currently use the VB donation system by AWCoding which is great and he had mentioned an intention to port it to XF when we were still in beta but that was a while ago. I've gotten in touch to see how his plans are going but if nothing develops there I'll definitely chip in $50 here.

Top Bottom