Fixed "Please select a valid timezone" if the user is from "Burma"

V3NTUS

Affected version
2.x
I've been contacted by 3 users already, they all are from "Burma" and contacted me because when they tried to signup, they got a "Select a valid time zone" error.

The odd thing is here that they three were from Burma (didn't even know it was a country before lol), so I think there should be a correlation between their location and the time zone setting in Xenforo. Any tips or recommendations to fix this issue rather than having to manually set up an account for them all the time?

Thank you!

The issue exists because one of the cities, Rangoon has been renamed to Yangon. We were detecting the timezone automatically as Asia/Rangoon but most TZ databases should be using Asia/Yangon. We've updated our detection and also put code in to allow either Asia/Rangoon or Asia/Yangon through as valid timezones.

The issue exists because one of the cities, Rangoon has been renamed to Yangon. We were detecting the timezone automatically as Asia/Rangoon but most TZ databases should be using Asia/Yangon. We've updated our detection and also put code in to allow either Asia/Rangoon or Asia/Yangon through as valid timezones.

I just got another email from a user who cannot register. Guess what? From Burma and selected "Yangon" as city, too. Does it mean the issue is not yet fixed @Chris D ? I'm using Xenforo 2.0.7.

We’ve not released a XenForo update since I stated it was fixed so, no, it won’t be fixed for you yet.

Thanks, I tried telling her to select Rangoon instead of Yangon in the field location but it didn't work, so I'm going to setup the account manually for her. I was thinking it depends on the fields you fill, but I guess it actually detects your real position, regardless of what you type.

Regards

Top Bottom