Playstationforum.org

Celestia

http://playstationforum.org/

So my site has been up for roughly 2 months now and figured I would share here for any feedback. I will be updating to 1.2.1 very soon. I was waiting for addons and themes to be updated. Feel free to sign up if you'd like.

Short history: I worked as an admin on a vB site that had a rather neglectful owner and eventually it was taken down. With some of the other staff and friends from that site I started this forum cause we were all gaming fans and many of us were looking forward to the release of Ps4. I went with xenforo after considering all the options available. I must say, I couldn't be happier with the software and the community support so far.

http://playstationforum.org/

So my site has been up for roughly 2 months now and figured I would share here for any feedback. I will be updating to 1.2.1 very soon. I was waiting for addons and themes to be updated. Feel free to sign up if you'd like.

Short history: I worked as an admin on a vB site that had a rather neglectful owner and eventually it was taken down. With some of the other staff and friends from that site I started this forum cause we were all gaming fans and many of us were looking forward to the release of Ps4. I went with xenforo after considering all the options available. I must say, I couldn't be happier with the software and the community support so far.
I like the countdown block that you use on the sidebar. Is it some Widget Framework?

Nice style :p

Works well with the site. Only suggestion is maybe get some node icons pertaining to the topics.
Yeah I've been thinking about replacing the default icons. Is there a resource to easily change the images for each individual forum? (I know the vB forum I was on had an add-on like that, not sure if someone has made a xF one yet.)

I like the countdown block that you use on the sidebar. Is it some Widget Framework?
The countdown is actually from a 3rd party website that creates countdowns and provides the html. I just tweaked the code a little so it would fit in the sidebar and added it to the "share this page" template.

Afterwards. I did look into resources for Xenforo that add countdowns and there was a couple really nice ones available, but I just like the style of the one I have, so I kept it.

I've been trying to provide recent info and all release date news for Ps4 as a way to get more traffic to the site. I thought the countdown would be a nice way to get visitors to return to the site.

I love the PS2 logo, but that font does not fit the whole PSF logo. I'm just not feeling it.

The skin is tolerable, but it's a nice skin! :)

Nice style :p

Works well with the site. Only suggestion is maybe get some node icons pertaining to the topics.

So I have been working on finding nice node icons and I finally found a style that fit the site. Some were premade and then I just used a template to make more specific icons for the gaming stuff. I added them with CSS code which I'm not in love. It's a fairly long list in my EXTRA.css template, but works for now.

0d2d7dd2a68ae5745e6c54b86c4cdd42.png

I love the PS2 logo, but that font does not fit the whole PSF logo. I'm just not feeling it.

The skin is tolerable, but it's a nice skin! :)

Thanks for the feedback! The logo was just something I threw together. I'm not the best with graphic design but pretty good at taking something and adjusting it to my needs. (inb4 copyright claims)

I agree with you about the theme. I want to add something more modern looking that will fit with the "next gen" style we are going for. My members wanted something dark because they use the shoutbox a lot and this was the first one we added to the site. We had a different theme (Flexile Dark) but it broke when we recently switched to 1.2.1

So I have been working on finding nice node icons and I finally found a style that fit the site. Some were premade and then I just used a template to make more specific icons for the gaming stuff. I added them with CSS code which I'm not in love. It's a fairly long list in my EXTRA.css template, but works for now.
*points at node icons* Are those made by you? Can you make 'em in orange so I can use them for misc icons on my site?
I agree with you about the theme. I want to add something more modern looking that will fit with the "next gen" style we are going for. My members wanted something dark because they use the shoutbox a lot and this was the first one we added to the site. We had a different theme (Flexile Dark) but it broke when we recently switched to 1.2.1
Dark is good, just not THAT kind of dark. :) This kind of dark is good. ;)

*points at node icons* Are those made by you? Can you make 'em in orange so I can use them for misc icons on my site?

I found them through a random search online for "forum icons" then I made some gaming specific ones. I'm sure you can adjust the color on them to match your theme. Link

Dark is good, just not THAT kind of dark. :) This kind of dark is good. ;)
Nice forum! Forum title text is a little "in your face" but I like the modern style of the elements/headers. Used to be big cod fan -> me (sorry back on topic)

I've been looking into a new dark theme and adding a light theme. I love the work pixelExit.com does and should be getting better themes this weekend. My other project for the site is to create a nice homepage. Just trying to figure out which portal/widget system to use.

It's all sweet, I got it. If anybody else is looking for the code:
Code:
.node.node_4 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_4 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("http://i.imgur.com/BMp5MqI.png");
  background-position: 0 0;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
.node.node_4 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_4 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
  background-image: url("http://i.imgur.com/xYuGc1c.png");
  background-position: 0 0;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

Thanks

Top Bottom