Fixed  plain text editor, cursor position changes by itself

Jake Bunce

Using the plain text editor.

FF 3.6.12
OS X 10.6.5

For example, when I was just typing this post I started by pasting the quotes. Then I placed the cursor after each quote and typed my answers. After I had typed a couple of my answers the cursor started moving to the end of the post after typing only a couple of characters. So what I was typing would get split between my original cursor position and the end of the post.

For example, if my post is like this and I am typing answer 1 last:

> question 1

> question 2

answer 2

Then it starts automatically moving the cursor while I type, resulting in this:

> question 1

I am typing my ans

> question 2

answer 2wer for question 1

It seems random, but I am still having the problem.

Can you recommend a video capture program for OS X? I have never used one.

This problem is still happening for me but it's random and takes several minutes to reproduce. And without video editing tools it's difficult to capture the problem in a reasonably sized video.

I don't know if this applies ... but using the standard editor ..... sometimes when I think I should be typing after text in the Reply box ... my cursor jumps to the top of the post and the text starts appearing there.
No pattern. Just an FYI. I'll try to think up why. Like Jake, I am often pasting text from other threads.

So, This PC: FireFox latest version, Windows XP.

When I Hightlight something and press control + c to copy it, the cursor jumps to the top of the editor box.
Notes:
  • - it only happens when an entire line is highlighted (which I usually do with Shift + end)
  • - it doesn't happen with every reply.
I can't get it to work on this message.
But I can get it to work in another Window ... on the same PC.
I toggle back and forth and it works for the one but not the other !!

Here is an interesting bug which I get alot !

Attachments

• xenforo.editor.line.break.added.to.top.of.post.not.where.the.cursor.is.webp
    xenforo.editor.line.break.added.to.top.of.post.not.where.the.cursor.is.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 16
I get all kinds of quirky behaviors with the WYSIWYG, but I think that TinyMCE has been acknowledged to have a few problems so I don't report them. The problem in this thread is in the plain text editor.

Top Bottom