Fixed Cursor position changes after smilie insertion from menu

John992

I just upgraded to the release candidate version and the cursor jumping after the smiley issue still persists. I'm not sure but maybe it's something browser-related 'cause my girlfriend says that from her laptop at home where she uses Chrome she has no problem, anyway, i could reproduce it on the first try on Firefox: I multi-quoted 3 posts (maybe this step is not needed, i just read here that maybe it's related to multi-quoting) and i wrote a short post starting with a smiley, then text, then another smiley, and when i put the cursor somewhere in the text to edit it and start typing the cursor jumped after the smiley, i could reproduce it many times. It was in beta 6 too. With 2.012 i didn't have this issue and i was using Firefox there too.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.0 RC2).

Change log:
Ensure we don't lose track of the cursor position after inserting a smilie/emoji from the menu.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom