1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Plain text e-mail notifications

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by RichardKYA, Feb 23, 2016.

1. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is something obvious, I have had a look, but can't find anything...

How do I send e-mail notifications as plain text instead of html? I see the phrases are there for this to be done...

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 20.58.29.jpg

...but how can I send these instead? I can't find an option to disable html e-mails

To clarify, I'm talking about the automatic e-mail notifications that a user receives, for example, when a thread they are watching gets a reply

Thank you
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Both versions are sent.

If the email client doesn't support HTML, the plain text version is displayed.
  3. RichardKYA

OK, that makes sense, how can I stop the html version from being sent?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no option related to that.

You could try blanking out the contents of the HTML versions/phrases but I'm not sure how that would work.

Why do you want to stop them being sent?
  5. RichardKYA

I would just prefer plain text. I've created some e-mail template mods to strip the styling, but some things don't seem to be editable and which template actually get sent is a bit confusing, while trying to work things out, I've even removed all the code from conversation_reply and conversation_reply_messagetext, but it still gets sent with my custom styling, it doesn't make sense

Anyway, I want e-mails to be plain, so striping styling with template mods seems like a very complicated way to simplify something lol