Pixelated Photographer - what do you think

Crazyfruitbat

Here is my site www.pixelatedphotographer.com or www.pixelatedphotographer.com/forums
if you want to jump straight to the forums.

It runs a wordpress frontend and XenForo 1.0.2 on the forums with a few different mods, the site was opened when XenForo was in beta.

The site is all about photography and is really aimed at people new to taking pictures, it doesn't matter if you have a big DLSR or a compact camera - it's all good!

We have bi-weekly challenges to get new photographers thinking in different ways to help them better their photographs. At the end of the challenge the community votes on which pictures they think are the best in that specific week - you can see an example here

We are also starting a lot of photoshop and lightroom tutorials on youyoutube too.

Please let me know what you think about the site or if you have any ideas on the concept of the site to make it better.

Chris

I like the blog design a lot, but I'm disliking the yellow with the default xenforo layout.

Overall, I like the design, but should look at getting a design other than the default style ;).

I really like the top part of the forum design, but I think yellow is a hard color to pull off for web designs.

Most people monitors display in RGB color, thus using a shade of yellow will appear different on nearly everybody's monitor.

Also, the yellow text links on my screen are readable, but I definitely have to squint!

I like the yellow. To me the bold colour and the use of this right across the top equates (in my mind) to a strong branding potential - and bear in mind that yellow is the branding colour of Nikon. So, for a photography theme, there is a direct relevance to this colour too. The only drawback to a strong colour like this is clashing with various avatars, but you can't really do a lot about that.

So, it gets a thumbs up from me :)

Great look. Don't mind the yellow. The forum looks like it's a part of the wordpress site which is tough to pull off. Best and cleanest site I've seen in awhile.

Hi guys, cheers for the comments - good and bad are all good to hear, I like honest answers.

The style was decided to go with the blog really (which wasn't designed by me) so I'm just trying to get it to work with it. As Ingenious mentioned above, the link to Nikon colour scheme is there too which made me want to keep it camera related.

I'm still umming and ahhing about it as the front page template is playing up a lot but if I change it, it all has to change. Problem is that I'm rubbish at coding, so for me, it's more of a case of changing something someone else has done rather than making it from scratch :(

Top Bottom