As designed Phrases missing when i export

Allan

When i export my french language, it missings a few phrases (trophy expressions for example).

If i select "All" for export, there are hack expressions include, it's a problem for me.

Admin CP -> Users -> Trophies

If you edit the trophy text from here then it writes to the master language. That means the phrase isn't technically translated so it will not be included when you export your language unless you specifically include untranslated phrases.

Alternatively you can edit the trophy text through the phrase system which will mark it as translated:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases
> Title Contains: trophy

I'm not sure I would consider this to be a bug. For the purpose of language packs I would expect all translations to be done through the phrase system.

Expresssions has been translate but when i export the file language, the trophy expressions are not includes, i not understand why.

trophy.webp

The other thing I am seeing on my own forum is that the trophy phrases don't belong to any product. So they would only be included if you select Export from add-on: (All). You can change the product by editing the phrase in the master language:

Screen shot 2011-09-17 at 11.59.00 PM.webp

Throphy Phrases have no add-on :(

You need to enbable the debug mode and set them all manual, or create a add-on which adds them to the lang export.

Yes, but if i select XenForo an addon, the phrases trophy isn't include.

Yeah. That is because the trophy phrases don't belong to the XenForo addon. But you can enable debug mode and edit those phrases in the master language to assign them to the XenForo addon. See the screenshot in my previous post.

Why not include them in the XenForo ?
I think these terms should be included in Xenforo for other nationalities can translate and include in their translations.

It doesn't make sense to export these because they are related to the data on your particular board. I see the point on the default trophies, but as a general point, trophy 15 on board 1 and 2 have no relationship to each other.

It doesn't make sense to export these because they are related to the data on your particular board. I see the point on the default trophies, but as a general point, trophy 15 on board 1 and 2 have no relationship to each other.
Could be it added to the pack when exporting (master language), think the other language please and translations.

This is true for some forums, most (including mine) keep the default values ​​and having them pre-translated would be very convenient.
Especially, some users do not speak English at all and they cannot customize the expressions without understanding them!

In vB the same problem, but there it's all solved the localization of the installation file. If you upload and replace (before installing) a localized version of the forum file "install_language_en.php", then the names of usergroups, smilies, status, etc. have been translated.

But as far as I know, in XF you are not allowed translate any files, except phrases.xml:(

Top Bottom