1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Can I export/import the xf_node table?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by 0ptima, Apr 7, 2013.

1. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

I have a local copy of XF and would like to export the xf_node table to my live environment. Can I simply do an export/import or are there other tables that need to be exported as well?

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

What it is is that you want to accomplish? What data is in the local copy? Is it a fresh copy?

3. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

I want to avoid re-keying all the categories and forums I setup on my local copy. The live environment will be a fresh install.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There are a lot of other tables involved, which are linked to other things, which are linked to other things. I couldn't recommend duplicating the table.

5. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I think you have to import all node and forum related tables and the permissions too. But personally I think partial import/restore is not a good idea. If the live forum is a fresh install as well, why do not you import the whole db from your local copy forum to the live one?

6. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply :)

7. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Ive been hacking up the local copy and dont want to import junk into my fresh install.