XF 1.1 Can I export/import the xf_node table?

0ptima

I have a local copy of XF and would like to export the xf_node table to my live environment. Can I simply do an export/import or are there other tables that need to be exported as well?

I have a local copy of XF and would like to export the xf_node table to my live environment. Can I simply do an export/import or are there other tables that need to be exported as well?

What it is is that you want to accomplish? What data is in the local copy? Is it a fresh copy?

There are a lot of other tables involved, which are linked to other things, which are linked to other things. I couldn't recommend duplicating the table.

I want to avoid re-keying all the categories and forums I setup on my local copy. The live environment will be a fresh install.

I think you have to import all node and forum related tables and the permissions too. But personally I think partial import/restore is not a good idea. If the live forum is a fresh install as well, why do not you import the whole db from your local copy forum to the live one?

Top Bottom