PHPBB3 importing just users?

Kane Hart

I was wondering if anyone happen to just make a simple query to maybe export users from phpbb and import them? I don't know much about sql but was going to consider doing it via navicat since only 2500 members or so.

This what I need to know:
xf_user only table I need to worry about?

I tried to create a user from sql and it all seam to sort of work then I had errors with user group and such. So I was wondering if someone could list what columns must be set as default?

As long as I only need to touch xf_user I think I can do this fine I was thinking just copy/paste into excel and just add things like users and such then when I import from a text I can match the rows with the columns I know this messy but hopefully someone can offer ideas. Without me having trust someone and also maybe learn something.

Then I would assume all my users need to do is request new password.

If you are about to start fresh:

You could give me your phpBB3 .sql (not just users table) - please note that passwords are not converted over
I will return you an .sql dump of a fresh install of rc2 with the imported users.

If you already have xenforo installed:

You can give me your phpBB3 .sql (not just users table) - and your xenforo .sql (will need an admin user/pass)
Then I can return you an .sql dump of your xenforo .sql with the users imported.

-

Since there are not that many and only the users, I am willing to give this a try for you - at no cost. If you desire a full import (forums/threads/ it's a small fee)

Please note that I do not work for xenforo limited, and run just xenfans.com where we help users convert over. You are sharing your data with a third party, but we respect privacy and aren't interested in your database/data for re-use beyond helping you convert over. We do our imports in a closed environment and do not retain the data after the convert has ended.

If you're interested in me giving it a try for you, drop me a message. and link back to this thread.

Looking forward to giving it a try for you - hopefully it's what you need to get your site moved to xenforo and get started with a great community

The convert has been completed, members.xenfans web site has the live view. You have an email with all the instructions and details.

Glad to be of help. Have fun with a modern forum solution. Your members will need a second to get used to it, but they will love it. http://xenfans.com/docs has user-guide section for your members, so they can learn about changing avatars and such.

I would have done the whole thing but it seams like it be to hard to get things converted right and safe.

I converted from phpBB3 to XenForo via vBulletin last weekend.

It was fairly smooth and the only real issue was tidying up the BB Code afterwards.

A few regex and SQL queries sorted that out and my site is running fine on XenForo software now.

Was wondering I replaced all the last read date for all private messages but it seams to be cached somewhere. Went into tools and ran everything and no luck. I seam to have this issue:

666lol.png

Top Bottom