• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PHPBB3 importing just users?

Kane Hart

I was wondering if anyone happen to just make a simple query to maybe export users from phpbb and import them? I don't know much about sql but was going to consider doing it via navicat since only 2500 members or so.

This what I need to know:
xf_user only table I need to worry about?

I tried to create a user from sql and it all seam to sort of work then I had errors with user group and such. So I was wondering if someone could list what columns must be set as default?

As long as I only need to touch xf_user I think I can do this fine I was thinking just copy/paste into excel and just add things like users and such then when I import from a text I can match the rows with the columns I know this messy but hopefully someone can offer ideas. Without me having trust someone and also maybe learn something.

Then I would assume all my users need to do is request new password.

F

Floris

If you are about to start fresh:

You could give me your phpBB3 .sql (not just users table) - please note that passwords are not converted over
I will return you an .sql dump of a fresh install of rc2 with the imported users.

If you already have xenforo installed:

You can give me your phpBB3 .sql (not just users table) - and your xenforo .sql (will need an admin user/pass)
Then I can return you an .sql dump of your xenforo .sql with the users imported.

-

Since there are not that many and only the users, I am willing to give this a try for you - at no cost. If you desire a full import (forums/threads/ it's a small fee)

Please note that I do not work for xenforo limited, and run just xenfans.com where we help users convert over. You are sharing your data with a third party, but we respect privacy and aren't interested in your database/data for re-use beyond helping you convert over. We do our imports in a closed environment and do not retain the data after the convert has ended.

If you're interested in me giving it a try for you, drop me a message. and link back to this thread.

Kane Hart

Thanks for your professional offer, I have contracted you and looking forward to this. I will post back here how successful the results were.

F

Floris

Looking forward to giving it a try for you - hopefully it's what you need to get your site moved to xenforo and get started with a great community

F

Floris

The convert has been completed, members.xenfans web site has the live view. You have an email with all the instructions and details.

F

Floris

Glad to be of help. Have fun with a modern forum solution. Your members will need a second to get used to it, but they will love it. http://xenfans.com/docs has user-guide section for your members, so they can learn about changing avatars and such.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I would have done the whole thing but it seams like it be to hard to get things converted right and safe.
I converted from phpBB3 to XenForo via vBulletin last weekend.

It was fairly smooth and the only real issue was tidying up the BB Code afterwards.

A few regex and SQL queries sorted that out and my site is running fine on XenForo software now.

Kane Hart

Was wondering I replaced all the last read date for all private messages but it seams to be cached somewhere. Went into tools and ran everything and no luck. I seam to have this issue: