phpbb Import

ok this will not work as i would need the special information to convert to is it possible to automatically delte the whole line [attachment=0:3nfyp8m6]IMG_1289.JPG[/attachment:3nfyp8m6]

but keep in mind that only [attachment= ] and [/attachment: ] will always be there

That is an inline attachment (as opposed to an IMG tag). In the case of a double import from phpBB to XenForo you lose the associations for inline attachments. That means you can't update that [attachment] tag to work in XenForo. But you can use Kier's addon to delete those tags from imported posts. Use these settings:

Quick Find:
[attachment​

Regular Expression:
#\[attachment=.+:.+\].+\[/attachment:.+\]#siU​

Replacement String:
<leave this blank>​

Here is a screenshot:

Screen shot 2011-07-13 at 4.30.51 PM.webp

I tested this on my own forum and it worked.

Jake, your user title is so right! But i get an error message when running the script with "Save Changes" (the test runns fine), the error message is like "Please enter a valid contribution" (i only have the german lag installed right now).

do you think insted of an empty field it needs a space at the replacement string?

Ok. That means there is a post which only contains that [attachment] tag and nothing else. So the replacement results in a post that is completely empty which is not allowed. Space characters don't count either. So you will have to use a real replacement as a filler.

Can i replace it with a special code like "%%&%)$)$))§" and then replace the code with a blank?

That's an idea. The final replacement would have to be done with a database query since the software won't let you submit an empty post. Here is the query:

Code:
UPDATE xf_post
SET message = REPLACE(message, '%%&%)$)$))§', '');

This will result in some empty posts, but I doubt that will cause any problems.

i know and as he is online im still sending out good karma that he will discover this thread soon :)
I had an early night last night ;)

I had to run over 100 queries using the tool and direct in the DB to tidy up everything after I imported (we had a lot of custom BB Code).

If you need any more, post here and I should have it already.

as i dont have any custom bb codes (*puh*) there are no problems, just some huge text fragments sometimes but thas ok.

but i have a problem with my users, they are all in the usergroup "Guest", do you have a querry to move them to "Registered"?

Sry my fault, they are all in "Unregistered / Unconfirmed" (unregistered-unconfirmed.1) with the usertitle "Guest" but they should be in Registered, will they be moved there as soon as they ask for their new password or should I move them to Registered?

They should be in the Registered user group.

You need to check how they were imported from phpBB to vB, as I suspect they weren't put in the correct group at that stage.

The problem is you can't use an SQL query to mass move them from one group to another as the permission set isn't updated.

You might be better off starting again and checking all the imported content in vB before proceeding with the XenForo import.

ok, thank you for your quick answers .. it feels like a chat :)

i checked the usergroups again and i found this

usergrp.webp

i tested the permissions of the user and they are from the group "Registered" (Create Threads, Posts ... ) but in the Forum he Shows up as "Guest".

The easy way would be to just delete the "Guest" Usertitle as guests are not allowed to post so nobody would ever see this. but is this a good solution?

That's good, it shows that you are in the Registered user group.
You can do a search and check how many members are in each group to double check.

What is the user title set to for the Registered user group?
It should be as indicated below.

user-group.webp

Then check the Trophy User Titles.

trophy-user-titles.webp

I checked it, they are all in thre right group -> Registered. But still the only way to show the "real" user title is by doing this.

Unregistered

unregistered.webp

Registered

registered.webp

With these settings, everything is displayed as it should be

That's not the default settings so we still need to get to the bottom of it.

For your account which is valid, does it still show as Guest if you change the user title back for the Unregistered group?

Top Bottom