PHP Debugger/Profiler Recommendations?

digitalpoint

Anyone have any recommendations for a good PHP profiler/debugger? Preferably one that could be invoked dynamically rather than 100% of the time for every request.

I've been working a ton with building new XenForo stuff as well as porting some existing stuff to it... and I've been finding that 90% of my time is spent just figuring out what stuff is available for me to used in the current scope of the class I'm in when calling it. Obviously that time gets less as time goes on and I'm getting more familiar with everything... but any suggestions for making figuring that stuff out easier/faster would be great.

Hmmm... that one looks pretty good a far a monitoring performance issues, but I'm looking more for something that could make figuring out what is available to you in your current scope (as in variables, methods, etc.) Does it do that?

PHP Storm or Eclipse PDT. I've been using the latter for the last few years but am switching over to the former (the other web devs at the company love it).

Ok, I have to admit... PHP Storm is a pretty awesome IDE after playing around with it a bit. Was a little obnoxious it defaults indents to spaces, but was able to change it to tabs easy enough.

Ok, I have to admit... PHP Storm is a pretty awesome IDE after playing around with it a bit. Was a little obnoxious it defaults indents to spaces, but was able to change it to tabs easy enough.
The default colors for code annoyed me too, but that was easily changeable. :D

There's still a few minor bugs that bother me when coding, but so far I really enjoy using it since it was recommended to me.

If anybody is interested in php storm and wants to buy it, i'm having a lot of 20% Rabat coupons for a personal license!

Top Bottom