PhotoPost Pro Import from vBulletin 4.x Incomplete

m0n0L1th1c

Hi All –

We recently purchased Xenforo 1.5. We're in the process of migrating our forums from vBulletin 4.x over to the new Xenforo install.

I've set up test forums and migrated user and board data over. Last night I tried a PhotoPost Pro migration and it created 100 categories, but zero photos were imported (even though the import process for photos took 55 minutes) and zero comments were imported (even though that process took roughly 45 minutes).

I received no errors, but the import took almost two hours and only seemed to have imported 100 categories which are empty.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

M.

Could you run the following query on your PhotoPost database?

Code:
SELECT setting FROM settings WHERE varname = 'datafull'

You may need to change the table name "settings" to have a prefix if your PhotoPost database has a prefix, e.g. pp_settings

I think that the issue may be caused by XF not being able to see the files, the above query will help us find out where they are.

Huh, that would likely be the problem, then.

I'm going to move this thread to the bug reports forum because this situation is not ideal and I had the impression that you should have been prompted to enter a path to the files but I don't believe that's actually the case here, which needs to change.

For now, are you comfortable with making a change to one of the importer files? We'll just type the path into the file so it doesn't have to try and query for it.

It will likely mean starting the import again from scratch. It's usually easier to just uninstall and reinstall the Gallery. This will delete everything that is currently in the Gallery and will allow you to start again.

Hi Chris –

I'm cool with editing the files. These are test forums, so I'm ok with wiping the XF Gallery data. Do I have to remove the user data as well and re-import everything or just re-run the PhotoPost Pro to XF Gallery import script?

Many thanks for your help,

M.

It should be fine to leave the user data and just re-run the PhotoPost to XFMG import.

The file to edit is library/XenGallery/Importer/PhotopostVb.php

Find:
PHP:
protected $_fileRoot;

Replace:
PHP:
protected $_fileRoot = 'path/to/your/photopost/data';

So you would need to enter the correct path to your PhotoPost data above. I forget what the default name is for that folder, but inside the folder there should be a long list of folders which relate to category numbers.

Just an update on this. The Photopost directory was missing and this was the cause of this. I re-added it to the directory and the import was successful.

However, we have duplicate Member Galleries and Photo of the Day links in the side bar. (See attached photo). Also, Galleries are showing a placeholder image with three dots. Any help?

Thanks,

M.
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 12.25.39 PM.webp

Are there images in both categories? It may just be a quirk of the import.

Can you clarify/screenshot what you mean about the 3 dots image? This would generally point to a failed thumbnail, but it could be related to a few things. Are we talking albums or images in a category? Would it be possible for you to send a URL where we can see it (along with being able to view the media item itself, assuming it's a single media item)?

Top Bottom