Photopost Pro Gallery Integration

If your still developing your gallery KK I would be one of (many I expect) to pay for a tightly integrated gallery.
Yep... will be interesting to see what comes out. KK is building one, Vincent is building one... competition will be good, especially for an XF only gallery solution.

not impressed with what i see so far.
it actually looks like some sort of vb2/xf hybrid gallery, using all of vb2's graphics and none of xf's featureset. not even a tab in the navbar! essentially zero integration.
go to their xf and tell me where you see the gallery: http://www.omegatron.net/xenforo

It also looks horrible in chrome..
BUT nevermind.

There will always be people which will try to make money with add-ons... (i should start this too.. :( )

I dont mind that at all - but at least make them good ones.

I'm not surprised at the reactions this add-on is getting. And quite frankly I'm glad people can see this is a terribly low quality add-on, overly priced and isn't at all tightly integrated into the xenforo system.

I suspect that because people want a gallery so much some devs think that people will accept anything and pay over the odds for it.

I'm not surprised at the reactions this add-on is getting. And quite frankly I'm glad people can see this is a terribly low quality add-on, overly priced and isn't at all tightly integrated into the xenforo system.

I suspect that because people want a gallery so much some people think that people will accept anything and pay over the odds for it.
Exactly.
Many People need "the big ones" like gallery & cms and many of them would pay "whatever" they need to get it....

Dont mean to be negative but i personally wouldn't install that if it was a free solution.. That is simply the loosest and ugliest "integration" ive ever seen..

Dont mean to be negative but i personally wouldn't install that if it was a free solution.. That is simply the loosest and ugliest "integration" ive ever seen..
That's not really even an integration,. It doesn't use XF's even most basic functions, that I can tell. I certainly can't see paying as much for an add-on - ANY add-on, even if it was perfectly integrated - as I did for the core software.

No thanks.

Thats the key I think. I dont want to integrate with old ideas/concepts/interfaces and technology. I just want to import the content/images into the NEW xF system.

I tried to install this and I keep getting errors, I had the same problem way back when I used it Im not sure what I was thinking when I upgraded.

I too assumed that "integration" meant a similar level of functionality in albums versus forums, but when I noticed that the login pull-down bar wasn't showing in Chuck's demo that was an indicator that the visual part of the integration was less-functional than I envisioned.

It would be possible to re-write the default templates for an improved appearance, but at this point it wouldn't function the same as Xenforo. The login pull-down needs to display. Hopefully Chuck will overcome that in a future update.

Hurray! Photopost has released a new version that integrates user and basic stylesheet and have announced they will soon release Review Post and Classified products. I personally think it needs some finishing touches, but much better than nothing

Demo: http://www.omegatron.net/photos/

Just thought of sharing for all the people who were looking for Gallery and Review mods.

I too assumed that "integration" meant a similar level of functionality in albums versus forums, but when I noticed that the login pull-down bar wasn't showing in Chuck's demo that was an indicator that the visual part of the integration was less-functional than I envisioned.

It would be possible to re-write the default templates for an improved appearance, but at this point it wouldn't function the same as Xenforo. The login pull-down needs to display. Hopefully Chuck will overcome that in a future update.

I don't think that will ever happen. As was mentioned earlier, PP is a "stand-alone" product and exists as it's own platform with it's own database (you can combine)....
You can use it alone or with another platform. Due to this configuration, the rich features of any platform (VB, xF, etc...) are not duplicated - only the general look - i.e. skin.
I'm not advocating the product, just stating what I have seen working with PP and VBG for the past few years.

I have mine running I did the header and footer manually and looking partly ok, Im holding off to see the other options. I don't see anyone coming up with anything in the near future.

Top Bottom