Photopost Pro Gallery Integration

I had to use photopost pro because there isn't anything available at the moment that meets my requirements. The only big issue I have after installing is the lack of header footer integration into xenforo.... I wish it could be integrated or wrapped so it appears to look like it is more a part of xenforo.
The lack of caring about tight integration is what made me drop photopost. I think they underestimated how may people would catch on to how good xenForo would be. And they will miss the boat, if they dont hurry up.

I am using the photopost pro but my gallery and forums are new... so I don't have any user feedback yet. I made the photopost header and footer look similar to the xenforo style which gives the impression of better integration. It was fairly easy and serves the purpose. It will change when my xenforo style is changed or when a user changes his/her style, the photopost header and footer change appearance as well. I would hope photopost would evolve and provide a better integration but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. They seem to concentrate on vbulletin for some strange reason.

Hurray! Photopost has released a new version that integrates user and basic stylesheet and have announced they will soon release Review Post and Classified products. I personally think it needs some finishing touches, but much better than nothing

Demo: http://www.omegatron.net/photos/

Just thought of sharing for all the people who were looking for Gallery and Review mods.

Well, that implementation looks horrible. Sorry. Just look at the ugly text wrapping if you make the browser window narrower.

Its not that great I just tried to install it and Im not liking how it went!

How did it go, specifically?

That's not really even an integration,. It doesn't use XF's even most basic functions, that I can tell. I certainly can't see paying as much for an add-on - ANY add-on, even if it was perfectly integrated - as I did for the core software.

No thanks.

The developer of photopost says that xenforo doesn't allow "wrapping" the product into its header and footer.

I am using the photopost pro but my gallery and forums are new... so I don't have any user feedback yet.
photopost.gallery.xenforo.webp
My Lord Photopost sucks.
A book could be written about how bad the UI is.
The thumbnails are small and the image stats (WHICH NO ONE CARES ABOUT) are large.
Judging by space alone, it looks like the goal is to share statistics about images, not the images themselves.
XFR albums is much better than that.

I made the photopost header and footer look similar to the xenforo style which gives the impression of better integration.
Excellent Job.

Your super large header image doesn't make the gallery viewing easy.
cant.see.the.image.webp

View attachment 21877
My Lord Photopost sucks.
A book could be written about how bad the UI is.
The thumbnails are small and the image stats (WHICH NO ONE CARES ABOUT) are large.
Judging by space alone, it looks like the goal is to share statistics about images, not the images themselves.
XFR albums is much better than that.

Excellent Job.

Your super large header image doesn't make the gallery viewing easy.
View attachment 21878

The thumbnails can be made larger from the admin panel, and the stats can be removed from the admin panel and easily made smaller.

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the header image. I plan to fix it soon.

I don't think I ever purchased the photopost addon, but I did their lesser known Photopost classifieds (or whatever it's called)
I never did end up using it, the product just looks and feels so..well, unfinished or amateur.
I can see that approach hasn't changed in the years since, judging by the screenshots in this thread.

I have mine running I did the header and footer manually and looking partly ok, Im holding off to see the other options. I don't see anyone coming up with anything in the near future.

How exactly did you get the xenforo header/footer wrapped around photopost?

How exactly did you get the xenforo header/footer wrapped around photopost?
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-support-forums/145198-xenforo-error.html#post1283949

Read this and maybe it will help. I did it and hated the results. The part I don't like is that photopost refuses to make better integration. I think they are losing out on a big base of customers. Its old school way of making a gallery anyhow I wouldn't put it in a pretty XenForo site, it just pulls it down and makes it outdated.

Top Bottom