1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photopost Pro Gallery Integration

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rickvr, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rickvr

rickvr Member

Alien, Puntocom, Veer and 4 others like this.
  2. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

Anyone hear how the Galeria project is coming along?
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

ragtek likes this.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Indeed !
    one word: xenforo !

/forums/xenforo.php ( new integration )

Update: Question: Are you allowed to post something in the Addon section .... even though you aren't posting an addon ?
  5. Cory Booth

I don't think it's a seperate license, I have a PP license and downloaded the package.
    The setup requests your "integration type" and adjusts the template to fit the proper package (vb4, vb3, etc...).
    So if you don't have a license, it would be the base PhotoPost price.
    Personally, I am waiting for the Galleria to come out...
    My hats off to Chuck for the past years of gallery support, but I think the older PHP style interface just isn't going to mold well with xF's modern feel.
  6. Shelley

Edt: apologies (edited out) I don't know anything about your gallery a little more info would be appreciated. Thanks.

What is the base price?
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

PhotoPost Pro/vBGallery Photo Gallery
    Owned License / Download $149.00 On Sale $129
    Shelley likes this.
  8. Cory Booth

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay the same price for an add-on as for the core software. I'll wait for the Galleria.
    Veer, Lenin, Crazyfruitbat and 8 others like this.
  10. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Same here :p

But this would benefit many others out there who already have PP with VB and waiting to Move on to xenforo .
    Jeremy likes this.
  11. Cory Booth

12. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I have to say that I am more looking forward to a real gallery solution that is integrated fully using XF, not a third party product that partially integrates. I want something like the portal, wiki, events, etc... that exist, something that truly works using default XF architecture.
    Alien, gfc, Crazyfruitbat and 3 others like this.
  13. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm going as a user, not as the developer of a (future) competitor. But I feel that a product that integrates with a few forum software opens up the market by a bunch, but as a user, if I'm on vB, XF, etc., I want truly integrated. There's Tweet / Recommend buttons in XF, I want to see tweet / recommend buttons implemented. And likes, and reports, and comments, and templates.... I don't want a feature set that is global over forum software, but lacks for a specific one. I go with that on CMSes, Wikis, Portals, Galleries, blogs, etc. Integration is key!
    Alien, Vodkaholic, Rich and 10 others like this.
  14. Shelley

Couldn't agree with you more. Xenforo didn't build an up-to-date system only to see partially integrated add-ons. If your still developing your gallery KK I would be one of (many I expect) to pay for a tightly integrated gallery.
  15. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I will not comment on Galleria in here, I feel that's truly bad sportsman ship. ;) Cory linked to my thread, I'll answer stuff there.
    Shelley likes this.
  16. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

Exactly, I think I'll wait for Mike and Kiers fully meshed Gallery. This forum is so kick ass I want to see what they come up with in terms of the gallery and how its meshed with alerts and recent activity.
    Tim likes this.
  17. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

This is what no one seems to understand.
  18. Shelley

I do understand just don't agree.

For me I'd hate to see people buy this expecting something tightly integrated and then realising that it's not using the functionality of xenforo or any of it's advance features. With next to no information in the first post even unwary people might purchase this realising what they are purchasing isn't everything they want in a gallery.

New users to the forum will get the wrong impression about this thread. Is it actually posted by the author of PP?
    0ptima and laztrix like this.
  19. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

But I am not buying it. I already have a PP license.
    I don't expect one person to spend any money on a PP license.
    Expect for photo forums, how do you get members to use a gallery instead of posting in posts?
    I really need PP classifieds which I have a license for that too. It shouldn't be long for that.
  20. Rich

Rich Active Member

Its not that great I just tried to install it and Im not liking how it went!