Photopost Pro Gallery Integration

I have a Photopost vBgallery license for my vBulletin forum.
I am in the process is moving to xenForo and, subsequently, giving up / removing the gallery from the new forum.
Photopost products aren't that impressive and I can't see myself using it with xenFOro.

Photopost has always been a sub-optimal product. I know many admins that are "stuck" with photopost, and HATE it every time they have to upgrade as it's a horribly painful process and always breaks any styling work you've done.

When I did in depth evaluations of gallery systems for vBulletin, Photopost was never in the running. The product they snarfed from Brian of vB Advanced (vbGallery) is much better than photopost itself. But Calorie's Photoplog made both of them look lame. Photoplog was the hands down winner for integration with actual integration in the vB search system so that you would see thumbs that matched the search keywords you run through vB search.php. She also built a great popup that let you bring up any images/albums you had while you were writing a post, and just drop them in as thumbs linked to a larger image.

IMO/E Photoplog >>>>VbGallery >>Photopost.

::tosses 2 shiny coins in hat::

I used to like Photopost years ago. It was tighly integrated with VB and had the same look and feel.

And now that the problem. Today, its a tired, old look and feel with nothing new or innovative. I'll diagree with other opinions. Its not that its bad software, its stuck in time. The biggest problem is once you're behind, its hard to catch up.

I used to like Photopost years ago. It was tighly integrated with VB and had the same look and feel.

And now that the problem. Today, its a tired, old look and feel with nothing new or innovative. I'll diagree with other opinions. Its not that its bad software, its stuck in time. The biggest problem is once you're behind, its hard to catch up.
Fred, are you sure you mean Photopost and not vB Gallery? Just curious.

I have Photopost for vbulletin 4. My Gallery I will probably be using Photopost's XenForo integration instead of XFR albums whenever I switch my other site over to XenForo. I'll let you know how it goes.

I dunno. This is the vBulletin forum I converted http://www.the8thlegion.com/forum.php
and the new xenforo forum http://www.the8thlegion.com/forum/
You want some feedback for your page?

if yes, pls mark the the part under this...:D

The colors are horrible:p
The text in the category bar have the same color as the background
what i mean =>
The 8th Legion Forums. Please do not spam, harass members or post Not-Safe-For-Work material.
and if you hover it, the background gets white, what makes the other part of the text impossible to read

2. do you really think that things like
%E5%A4%A9%E7%A9%BA%E5%8A%8D%E3%80%80%EF%BD%89%EF%BD%87%EF%BD%8E
in the "Users found this page by searching for:" part help your seo?

my 0.02€
hope this helps;)

You want some feedback for your page?

if yes, pls mark the the part under this...:D

The colors are horrible:p
The text in the category bar have the same color as the background
what i mean =>
and if you hover it, the background gets white, what makes the other part of the text impossible to read

2. do you really think that things like
in the "Users found this page by searching for:" part help your seo?

my 0.02€
hope this helps;)
Sure post it here please! http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the8thlegion-com.22290/

I had to use photopost pro because there isn't anything available at the moment that meets my requirements. The only big issue I have after installing is the lack of header footer integration into xenforo.... I wish it could be integrated or wrapped so it appears to look like it is more a part of xenforo.

I am not using photopost due to the lack of header and footer integration. I'm converting everything over to User Albums.

The header footer can be added manually or wait for another update in the near future that includes the xf header footer integration.

As I said somewhere else, the photopost integration is just not up to scratch so told my members that I will not be porting the Gallery across just yet. I will revisit when I get to see Galleria.

Top Bottom