MG 2.0 Photopost Import Problem - Some Images Not Visible

BobHarbison

I recently imported my gallery from Photopost to XFMG. I imported via MG1, then upgraded to MG2.

Many of my images are not showing in the media gallery. When you visit the gallery, it says it has 5,459 uploaded media. However, when viewing the categories, only 1,516 are visible, 1482 in categories and the rest in an album.

The images are still there. When I browse media in the control panel, they show up. I can click on the image and view the full size media. However, when I try to click on the "view host content (media)" it says I don't have permission to view that item.

They also show up via batch update. I was hoping to use batch update and move them to another category where they'd become visible, but apparently that's not possible. How do I make these hidden images appear?

Ah, now it all makes sense :)

Certainly not a bad workaround, using the batch update system. However, as this seems to be related to an importer bug (or maybe even an upgrade bug) then it might be best if we have a closer look.

Would you be able to submit a ticket from your Customer area, to my attention please?

Ideally, I'll need Admin CP access (and information on how to locate the currently missing images in the Attachment browser) and access to your database (through cPanel/Plesk/phpMyAdmin is ideal).

I'm sure we'll be able to sort it.

The issue turned out to be category related, had a duplicate number that was messing things up. We're not sure what caused it, personally I suspect it may have been an issue of duplicate category names in Photopost confusing the importer. In any case, it's almost certainly outside of XFMG2, either in Photopost or the importer not knowing how to handle identical names. A bit of category editing and they re-appeared.

I'm impressed with both the easy solution and how quickly this was handled. Thanks Chris.

Top Bottom