Photobucket paywall

JamesBrown

It seems Photobucket are no longer allowing people to post images via an image code on forums unless they pay a monthly fee. If like mine your forums have thousands of images from photobucket, I expect to see them replaced with a little red cross soon. :(

It seems Photobucket are no longer allowing people to post images via an image code on forums unless they pay a monthly fee. If like mine your forums have thousands of images from photobucket, I expect to see them replaced with a little red cross soon. :(
Get that downloader Xenforo addon that makes a local copy of remotely hosted images.

Available Plus Account Plans: Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage*for $59.99 / Year.*The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd*party image hosting.
Plus 100 Plan: 50 GB*of Storage for $99.99 / Year.*The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd*party image hosting.
Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and 100 GB of bandwidth for $399.99 / Year.The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and 100 GB of *3rd*party image hosting.
Enterprise Level Plan
: For Members that need more than 500 GB of Storage and/or more than 100 GB of bandwidth, Photobucket offers competitive pricing to meet your needs.

My forums go back to around 2005 where photobucket was used an awful lot. It's really bad what they are doing.

Kind of sucks if you already had people post images from photobucket. Imgur has always been what I use. Seems to be the best alternative in my opinion.

Some users on reddit reporting certain hobbiest forums have been trashed due to this.

It's worth remembering that lots of the images are still accessible if you copu the url and open it in a seperate browser window so it's not hotlinked. Bit of a pain, bit if the image has important info it could be a life safer for you

IMG_8084.webp IMG_8085.webp

Can someone please provide a photobucket link to an image which is blocked, I would like to test some new code in the Convert Image All add-on.

Me thinks @AndyB is working on fixing all broken images by downloading and saving the image locally even after the hotlink is broken? That would be cool.....

Top Bottom