Photobucket paywall

TinyPic test.

o8s8lk.jpg

Won't I end up with two sets of images on the forum? The proxy cache and the convert image directory?

Once you have converted all the hot linked images to attachments do this:

Admin Control Panel -> Options -> Messages

Set the Image Cache Lifetime (Days) to 1

upload_2017-7-5_15-29-8.webp

Then run the Cron Entry called "Hourly Clean Up" and that will remove proxy images from the database and file system.

I have image proxy switched on, although I have no idea what it does or how it works, lol, so will Photobucket pics still be an issue if I have proxy images switched on? Thanks.

I would like to fix the photobucket problem but I'm nervous about copyright.

If a member hotlinks an image from someone's original material then my feeling is that the forum hasn't stolen the image and the copyright holder can block the forum from showing their images if they want to. If the forum copies the images then that could be stealing.

Is it possible to copy only images from certain sites - photobucket for example, and not from others?

Last edited:
Hmm... I'm not seeing any references to it working with AMS. All I noticed was this: "all existing hot linked images contained in all posts", and assume @AndyB meant just forum posts.

I believe AMS just works off of the thread system and just organizes it differently.

yes, add an "else" statement where check if url contains "photobucket", setting variable $done = 'yes' ... It stops conversion to attachment if image URL doesnt contain "photobucket":

yjiT4G+

has anyone had any joy with this?

i updated mine and set it running but it doesn't seem to have worked?

heres a thread: http://www.ultimatereef.net/threads/the-roma-custom-build.553946/#post-5071348

and the photobucket image link is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Spitsfire/Fish/DSC03805.jpg

i've got a log entry:

but the post hasn't been updated, is this because the url is "img.photobucket.com" rather than "www.photobucket.com" like in the code example above?

Top Bottom