• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[pfps.com.br] Thread Prefix Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically you can use this as a "category" system for articles? Anyone know of a tagging mod to add tags to posts? That might be a better way to sift and sort content?

Furhmann, you might wanna change the "built 1" from the main addon. Do we make a upgrade or install it as a new addon?

Actually it is another add-on. It is just related and I have only posted in this thread because the two addon do the same thing, just in different ways. If you want to use the newest addon "ListPrefix" or even the old one, "PrefixForumListing" you have to install a new addon.

Actually it is another add-on. It is just related and I have only posted in this thread because the two addon do the same thing, just in different ways. If you want to use the newest addon "ListPrefix" or even the old one, "PrefixForumListing" you have to install a new addon.

Thanks Fuhrmann, my users love it so far. One suggestion was made about prefix filtering, if it were possible to filter more than one prefix. Perhaps, somehing to consider to add as an option?

Thanks Fuhrmann, my users love it so far. One suggestion was made about prefix filtering, if it were possible to filter more than one prefix. Perhaps, somehing to consider to add as an option?

Thanks yavuz! You mean select the prefixes to show on each forum?

Thanks yavuz! You mean select the prefixes to show on each forum?

You know, your addon lists the prefixes nice and clean above the forums. When a user clicks on one it filters the threads to the prefixes one has clicked. But you can't select one more prefix. I was wondering if it were possible to select more than one prefix ?

Hope that was clear enough.

You know, your addon lists the prefixes nice and clean above the forums. When a user clicks on one it filters the threads to the prefixes one has clicked. But you can't select one more prefix. I was wondering if it were possible to select more than one prefix ?

Hope that was clear enough.

Oh I get it.

This is something that it is not handle by XenForo. I dont think this is possible just with some little changes.

I'll take a look and see if this can be done tomorrow.

I've downloaded the built 1 version, uploaded the library folder to it's location. But when I import the .xml file I'm getting "not a valid callback error"

The addon content should be in "Library/ListPrefixes" but currently it seems to be in root "library" The install runs when I put it in ListPrefixes and uploaded to the Library.

ListPrefixes (build 1 - 04/01/2012)

This is an alternative version. This version do not query to the database. So there is no verification if the prefix is usable or not to the visitor browsing your forum. It just show all prefixes from a forum.

The two location of the prefixes list is in the forum view page and in the node list.

Here is some screenshots:

View attachment 23276

As you can see in the image below there are two prefixes in the forum: "Book Reviews" and "Game Reviews", once you click in each one of the prefixes will redirect to the forum only showing the threads with that prefix:

View attachment 23277

This is the forum view page, the prefixes are all listed in the forum description, as you can see again the same forum, with the two prefixes "Book Reviews" and "Game Reviews":

View attachment 23278

There is no option to show the numbers of thread of each prefix because the version of this addon is a request from an user, and too, a light version of the above addon.

GREAT job on this! Thanks a lot!

Donation has been send to Fuhrmann for his great work!

This does nothing with the XenForo routine of searching threads by prefixes. But, reading the thread, have not Brogan already made you a suggestion to your problem?
Yes, he made me aware of the search but I need to display a link that with one click will display all threads with a particular prefix.

The folder ListPrefixes must be in the library folder. Is that what you did?

Yes, I put the files under the folder ListPrefixesbefore I uploaded it to Library folder. Currently they are set to be uploaded to the root of the library folder and that doesn't work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom