• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[pfps.com.br] Thread Prefix Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuhrmann

Thread Prefix Listing

This add-on show a list of prefix in each forum! Works with Xen 1.1 Beta2, Beta 3 and Beta 4.

https://github.com/Fuhrmann/Prefix-Forum-Listing

Changelog:

1.0.0 build 2:
- Choose the forums to show the prefix list.
- Choose the minimum ammout of threads to show a prefix.
- Choose the display order of the prefix list (by title, by ammount of threads and by display order)

1.0.0 build 1:

- Prefixes only show if:
a) has some threads with it
b) usergroup of the user can use the prefix

Hope you guys like it!

Sem título2.webp
Sem título.webp

ListPrefixes (build 2 - 04/01/2012)

This is an alternative version. This version do not query to the database. So there is no verification if the prefix is usable or not to the visitor browsing your forum. It just show all prefixes from a forum.

The two location of the prefixes list is in the forum view page and in the node list.

Here is some screenshots:

1.webp

As you can see in the image below there are two prefixes in the forum: "Book Reviews" and "Game Reviews", once you click in each one of the prefixes will redirect to the forum only showing the threads with that prefix:

4.webp

This is the forum view page, the prefixes are all listed in the forum description, as you can see again the same forum, with the two prefixes "Book Reviews" and "Game Reviews":

5.webp

There is no option to show the numbers of thread of each prefix because the version of this addon is a request from an user, and too, a light version of the above addon.

The name of the file is ListPrefixes - Build 2.zip

Attachments

is there a way to put something like this onto the Homepage ? Not sure if this would work for having on the Homepage and how to show all threads having a certain Prefix as the Prefixes would be from diverse threads from different forums.....?
But it would be cool!

Thanks!

is there any kind of sort-order for the Permalink-Index? Alphabetically? Per highest number?
would it look better if the number-count would be within the Prefix-button?

is there any kind of sort-order for the Permalink-Index? Alphabetically? Per highest number?
would it look better if the number-count would be within the Prefix-button?

The sort order is based in the "Display Order" of each prefix!

So this:
Prefix2 (1) - Prefix1 (1)

Prefix 2 -> display order 1
Prefix 1 -> display order 2

I'll see what i can do about changing the order.

well, I am not using XF 1.1 yet and did not install this add-on.
It was just a thought I had when looking at the screenshot above.

Do you think that the Prefixes could be somehow put onto the Homepage? Or does this not make sense ?

well, I am not using XF 1.1 yet and did not install this add-on.
It was just a thought I had when looking at the screenshot above.

Do you think that the Prefixes could be somehow put onto the Homepage? Or does this not make sense ?

Well i dont know. Since i just use a xenforo localhost installation to produce my add-ons i do not need this feature.
But i think can be done.

I would like to add this into my todo list for this add-on.

Could you make it optional whether to display the number of threads using that prefix next to it in the list?

Sure yes. If you want to the number of threads do not appear, edit the pfl_prefixes_list template.

Find this and erase the red code (scroll to the right):

Rich (BB code):
&nbsp;<a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'prefix_id={$prefix.prefix_id}'}" class="prefixLink" title="{xen: phrase pfl_show_only_prefix_x,'prefix={xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefix, escaped, ''}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $prefix, html, ''}({$prefix.totalThreads})</span></a>

Well i dont know. Since i just use a xenforo localhost installation to produce my add-ons i do not need this feature.
But i think can be done.

I would like to add this into my todo list for this add-on.

I think having a functionality of putting those "Prefixes" onto the Homepage and by clicking onto it returns all threads with that specific Prefix, no matter to which Forum it belongs.
It seems this is currently not possible with XF-default, as searching (via Advanced Search) for a specific Prefix without entering a search-term is not working.

So I guess that would be a cool new feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom