1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate personal message page numers

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Adam Howard, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

xenforo.com 2013-11-29 20 51 56.png

Notice the numbers above. They're out of place (here on XenForo.com)
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Is this on a computer or a mobile device?
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's pretty standard with responsive.
    SneakyDave likes this.
  4. Adam Howard

This is a computer on a large 1920 x 1080 screen. It was not happening before.

Firefox 26 if it matters
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I don't have that many PCs, so if you want to flood me with about 30 messages, I can see if I also get it.
  6. Adam Howard

OK, will flood your inbox. At about 30 seconds a part since that is what the system allows
  7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

It does not display that way for me...it displays correctly.

Win7 -> FF 26

8. Jeremy

The only way I can accomplish that is if I decrease the size of my browser. This is expected with Responsive design.
    SneakyDave likes this.
  9. EQnoble

It seems that's not even not possible with ff26 in windows 7 - it limits how narrow you can make the browser window..this is how narrow I can make the window currently..

and then even at that the convo page looks like this....

however what adam posted DOES happen when viewing a single message with lots of pages even at 1920 width (with xenvetana anyways which is not a default style but still at it's max width it does feel like it should be on one line or three with the middle line having the scroll buttons)
    Adam Howard likes this.
  10. Jeremy

Yup, it is a single conversation, but the only way I can do it is in a smaller web browser. Which is entirely to be expected with responsive.

Attached Files:

SneakyDave likes this.
  11. Adam Howard

I'm not resizing the browser though @Jeremy I have it at a full screen on 192 x 1080 screen. At a screen that large (or larger) there should be virtually nothing to wrap around

@EQnoble thanks for confirming this
  12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Could you invite me into the conversation? I'm not using FF 26 yet, I'm still on 25 but would like to see if this happens when mozilla do release the update. Thanks @Adam Howard
  13. Adam Howard

Using the XenVetana style here if that matters.

edit: also happens on Kitchen Sink and Fixed Width Style

Does not seem to happen on the normal default. This suggest it is a fixed width issue.
  14. Adam Howard

Done. We each need to wait 30 seconds between pm's. This will take a while.

@Mike - off topic .... But the 30 second rule ... really should be lifted for some people (please)
  15. EQnoble

it starts happening at about 780px though on the default style (at least with win7->ff26) and at that width I would rather have the single line page unit and I would prefer it to be that way as a priority over the layout of the linkgroup..it really is nothing but a simple css change

ff.png pc2.png
    Adam Howard likes this.
  16. Adam Howard

@EQnoble thanks again for confirming this ( I think )

It really does get worst once you past page 8 onto page 9. It's not mission critical, but it is there.

xenforo.com 2013-11-30 1 37 16.png
  17. EQnoble

I mean it is a small enough css change to be considered a cosmetic thing and is probably more visual preference than bug.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  18. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

19. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Thank you @Andrej, I thought I was going to struggle to find that report. :)
    SneakyDave likes this.