Personal Conversations

Participants can remove themselves by 'deleting' the conversation.

I've seen various requests for removing someone else, but I'm not sure I want to go there...

Any chance on being able to edit personal conversations message?

That would be a real time saver, so we did not have to spend so much time proof reading before submitting, similar to making edits 2 seconds after submitting a post.

Participants can remove themselves by 'deleting' the conversation.

I've seen various requests for removing someone else, but I'm not sure I want to go there...

Thanks for the clarification.

I can't really think of a good reason why someone would need to be able to remove someone else, myself.

Thanks for the clarification.

I can't really think of a good reason why someone would need to be able to remove someone else, myself.
Unless some idiot is spamming the conversation. But just be careful who you invite and that should take care of that. Theoretically anyway :)

Me neither. I will invite 'trusted/known' people in the first place myself so why I have the need to remove them? I mean, if they get any notice of being removed... one can image how that feels/comes across. Where did I read that rightful article on Facebook's Remove Friends functionality again? Ah... I remember: http://www.kierdarby.com/2010/05/remove-from-friends-ultimate-modern.html :)

Any chance on being able to edit personal conversations message?

That would be a real time saver, so we did not have to spend so much time proof reading before submitting, similar to making edits 2 seconds after submitting a post.

Peggy, is this the best place for this request/suggestion?
Or should this thread be titled 'personal conversation members' and I should start another titled 'suggestion: edit personal conversation'?

ok,

For the record, I will probably not post many suggestions, unless I really don't see them anywhere. I don't like to clutter things up too much.

I hope the editing of Personal Conversation is considered, saves me much time on the ips forums, because the message does not need to be perfect (because it can be edited like a post).

Please feel free to post your suggestions, any and all are welcome. Indeed, look to see if they're already posted and add to the thread, as I know you already do.
But if a duplicate suggestion is posted, I'll be sure to move or combine it. So post away. :D

Unless I am missing something, PC is supposed to replace the good old Private Messages. Or PM's have not been coded into XF yet.
I think there is room for both PC's and PM's.

This is how I see it...

Lets "define" PM for a sec. A message sent to a user that only he can see... (sorta like sending a IM to a person). Non editable, and does not represent a thread in any way.

PC - a conversation similar to a thread. Being that you can add/remove people who can see it, history and all, and go back and edit/remove etc like you would with a thread. Only difference is the privacy.

Therefore, a PC does not replace a PM. It's two separate things, with two different functions. While a PC can take the place of a PM, a PC should have more abilities since it is just at thread with privacy. So give it "kick" and "edit" and "delete" functions, but also give the ability to send a PM - once sent, it is set in stone, almost like a IM or a good old fashion letter by snail mail.\

That's just my view...

Top Bottom