Personal Conversations

Thought of that! But if I was so tired that I sent a PM to the wrong person, I really did not want to be messing with the database directly. :D

Who knows how bad I could have messed up the live site. :p
So this one time, I was cleaning up a bunch of data that was left behind by mods (On vBulletin), and I accidentally managed to deal about half my database.

If someone opens a PC with me, and I don't want to participate, I can leave + ignore future msgs ..

Is the other person who started the PC getting a notice that future msgs are not received by me when they try to PC me again and again in that conversation? Or don't they know at all, and therefor assume I have read what they've said?

Because you remain listed as participant on the side, even though you've left the conversation.

No, showing you in the conversation if you've left is the designed behavior. I could see either option coming up, but the thought is that you'd primarily want to ignore a conversation if it's annoying you; if you just don't want it in your inbox, you can let it reappear on a reply. If someone is annoying you, having you disappear from the participant list isn't going to really help the situation.

No, showing you in the conversation if you've left is the designed behavior. I could see either option coming up, but the thought is that you'd primarily want to ignore a conversation if it's annoying you; if you just don't want it in your inbox, you can let it reappear on a reply. If someone is annoying you, having you disappear from the participant list isn't going to really help the situation.

Maybe a hybrid of the ideas? Kinda like a chat room, show that you left the conversation, but at the same time have a separate area listing past conversation participants?

Participants can remove themselves by 'deleting' the conversation.

I've seen various requests for removing someone else, but I'm not sure I want to go there...

Admins or selected mods should have the ability tho. At least as an option that the admin can select.

Ok, I need this. This is why. So the owner of the board just fired all the mods because there were playing favorites with the moderation.

So the admins decided to take over the moderation of our Cafe since it is a lot of heated conversation sometimes with politics and religious and what not. So one of the posters that was in favor of the mods personally attacked someone so one of the admins just deleted the post and told that poster I deleted the post for a personal attacking using the warning system. That poster replied to the warning and added the mods that had just been fired from moderating the Cafe who showed that poster favor. I know I can when the warning issued block that user from adding someone. But that is an extra click as well. So as an admin I need away to remove someone from conversations with out getting in the DB.

The other thing is I had a mod onetime thought he was sending a conversation to another mod about a problem poster but sent it to the problem poster.

So having this option or at least allowing board admins to be able to turn if off or on for admins, mods, and posters would be nice.

Top Bottom