Fixed Permissions trouble...

Hi! We are using the Media Gallery as a photo contest. I believe we have the permissions set properly
, but when a registered member tries to upload an image to an album they get this after pressing the "upload image" button:
forum.webp
When I do the same with my Admin account, I get this:
forum2.webp

My permissions for "registered user" look like this:
forum3.webp

Thanks for any help :)

A screenshot of the gallery permissions using the Analyze Permissions feature would be preferable. It will give more detail.

I changed the permissions so that 'Registered User' is allowed to Create an Album and it now works as expected allowing registered users to upload images to albums that we have created. However, we don't want them to be able to create their own albums. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to work like this? Or are we doing something wrong?
Thank You :-)

Do registered members have permission to add media into any categories?

Edit the category in the Admin CP to see the category permissions.

You don't have any categories and you don't allow people to use albums?

You need one or the other or there is nowhere to
upload anything to.

Hi Chris.

Maybe we have misunderstood how it works.

What we are trying to do is allow registered members to add media to an album that we (admin) have created. But not to be able to create their own albums.

We do have an album, that we have set up so everyone can view and members can add media. But it seems that members can add media to this existing album only if they have permission to create their own albums. Is that right?

I apologise, I realise what's going on now.

Yes, there is a bug here.

We do have an album, that we have set up so everyone can view and members can add media.
The workaround I would recommend at the moment is to actually set up a category that members can view and add media to. Once the bug is fixed (in the next version) you should be able to run your next photo contest as originally planned. It's worth noting that you can indeed move media items from a category to an album so you could eventually do that and delete the category if desired.

Top Bottom