XF 1.2 Permissions to view Homepage only

florencia

Hi, I have setup a pages/Home as the default index so that when a user is not register he can land in the Homepage and read about the forum before registering or login in. The forum is only for registered and manually approved members. The problem I'm having is that when I'm not loged in I still can not see the Homepage. I get the error message that I need to login to see the content.

This small explanation helps but the issue of how to set up a homepage viewable by all users while the rest of the forums are access only to registered users is not there. Can you be more specific with your help in respect to what I'm asking so I don't have to read all the permissions support pages in order to get some help? ;)
Also, what are the default settings? It seams I change things around and now I would like to reset to default permissions.

Actually that is exactly the info I was asking that it wasn't in the other help guide or in the basic Xenforo permissions manual.

"Creating a private forum: Because of the way Revoke works in xenForo you shouldn't use it to restrict a private forum. Instead you should use a special feature in xenForo called Private node. You will see the Private node checkbox when editing the permissions for a specific node. This basically inverts the permissions so that you can specify Allowed groups instead of Revoked groups. This is actually better for group management if you add more groups later.
Admin CP -> Users -> Node Permissions -> [click Permissions for a forum] -> Private node"

One more quetion that was not answer. Do you have a list of the default permission for the default groups? Exactly how it comes xenforo setup out of the box. I chang things and now I would like to get back to the default permission.

One more quetion that was not answer. Do you have a list of the default permission for the default groups? Exactly how it comes xenforo setup out of the box. I chang things and now I would like to get back to the default permission.
Sorry no. I think you'll find that no-one will use the default permissions - everyone will have their own requirements for these and will change them right from the outset.

Your best bet is to think about what you want each of your groups to be able to do, starting with guests, then registered (which should be the primary group for everyone with the base permissions that all will have) and then the additional permissions that the secondary groups will have. Using the guide that Brogan linked to will help you with this.

Some how my homepage still doesn't show if you are not registered. It asks you to login. I went to nodes and I actually do not have the home in private mode. I just want a homepage where unregistered users get a basic about and a login/register box. then the rest of the site (forums, help, resources) are for registered users. Is that simple. Can someone help me in setting those permissions? I have already set all the forum and pages to "private", except for the home page, resources addon I don't know how to set that up as private because it doesn't show like a node in my tree.

Top Bottom