XF 2.1 Permissions to post blocked for Super Admin?

jefferisp7

Hi, I set up a forum for general announcements which I wanted to limit to admins and moderators. I am a super admin but when I unchecked "Allow new messages to be posted in this forum" it said I had insufficient privileges to post in the forum. I went into node permissions, etc and made sure I was set to YES on everything as well as for other moderators and admins, but that block remained unless I checked that field. Any ideas? BTW, I'm new to XF after using vB a long while ago. I find the multiple places for setting permissions cumbersome and confusing, rather than a global setting at least for Admins that works.
TIA
Jeff

Thanks I was confused by this description under that check: If disabled, users will not be able to post new messages or edit or delete their own messages. Moderators will still be able to manage the contents of this forum.

Thank you.
Hey, I don't quite get why this set of fields appear in Registered and Unregistered user groups: Forum moderator permissions when they aren't set to be moderators in the first place.

Hey, I don't quite get why this set of fields appear in Registered and Unregistered user groups: Forum moderator permissions when they aren't set to be moderators in the first place.

users don’t necessarily need to be set as a moderator in order to be given various different moderator permissions

Top Bottom