Permissions to post in specific forums

tomdavis

Is there a way to set permissions on a forum so that a member must have at least 100 posts and be a member for at least 30 days before being allowed to post to a specific forum?

Is there a way to set permissions on a forum so that a member must have at least 100 posts and be a member for at least 30 days before being allowed to post to a specific forum?
I did it like this:
1. Creating a certain group, which you can call "those with permission to the specific forum".
2. Creating automatic promotion for users, where each user with 100 days of registration and 30 posts is automatically promoted to the group defined above.
3. Category-specific permissions, when

I did it like this:
1. Creating a certain group, which you can call "those with permission to the specific forum".
2. Creating automatic promotion for users, where each user with 100 days of registration and 30 posts is automatically promoted to the group defined above.
3. Category-specific permissions, when
I understand #1 and #2. But #3 has me confused. I clicked on the nodes, and then on the word permissions next to the forum I want to apply this to, and at this point I am lost as to what the next step is.

I created usergroup promotions. I labeled it, but I don't know how to apply it to a specific forum.View attachment 296681
Create a new user group for members that you want to be able to post in that forum.

Go to user group promotions then add promotion. Under promotion option select the new user group.

Under "apply this promotion while" and then under content and achievements select first box "user has posted at least X messages" and change it to 100 and then go down and select "user has been registered for X days" and change it to 30. Click save.

Go to permissions for that forum and allow that user group to view node, content and allow them to post to it and other other permissions you want them to have.

In order for this promotion to take place users would have to be logged in or to apply to all members immediately you would have to run rebuild user group promotions in rebuild caches menu under tools in the ACP.

Hopefully I didn't leave out any steps. Haven't done one in ages.

Top Bottom