• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Permissions Error, Need Help! Desperate.

Eoj Nawoh

Active member
#1
Hello all,

I've been having an issue since we upgraded to 1.2 and added our addons.

At random times, most commonly when logging in/visiting the board after not being on it for a few hours, certain users get an error:

I have on three occasions disabled all of our addons, and then re-enabled them one at a time to figure out which one it is. Each time, I am unable to reproduce the error and each time, we activate all the addons before getting the error.


Here are all of our addons:​

No server errors are logged and I honestly don't know what to do, we do have an unconfirmed error that while I was re-activating addons, that the error happened. But we can NOT confirm that the error actually occurred, one of the users thought he saw it.

During that time, the only addons activated were:
XenTag
XenPorta
Widget Framework
XenMoods
TMS
Steam Auth
Nodes as Tabs

All of which, I hope to God it's not related.

I've gotten quite busy with my full time job and honestly, have run out of the time, patience and desire to sit here and play around with a bunch of addons. I'm basically looking for any advice, and I'm willing to pay someone to fix it.

tl;dr. I have a really annoying error that I need help with and will pay someone to fix it if need be.


Please help.
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#2
Random permission errors will almost certainly be related to add-on(s).

It will be a matter of trying to identify which one(s) are causing it.
 

Tracy Perry

Well-known member
#3
Hello all,

I've been having an issue since we upgraded to 1.2 and added our addons.

At random times, most commonly when logging in/visiting the board after not being on it for a few hours, certain users get an error:

All of which, I hope to God it's not related.

I've gotten quite busy with my full time job and honestly, have run out of the time, patience and desire to sit here and play around with a bunch of addons. I'm basically looking for any advice, and I'm willing to pay someone to fix it.

tl;dr. I have a really annoying error that I need help with and will pay someone to fix it if need be.


Please help.
Try disabling Social. If it's the one I'm thinking of (for Twitter, Google+ logons) then if you haven't updated to the patched code it may be causing problems. I finally totally removed it from my forums due to problems I was having.
 

Eoj Nawoh

Active member
#4
Random permission errors will almost certainly be related to add-on(s).

It will be a matter of trying to identify which one(s) are causing it.
I understand, it's quite a headache.

Try disabling Social. If it's the one I'm thinking of (for Twitter, Google+ logons) then if you haven't updated to the patched code it may be causing problems. I finally totally removed it from my forums due to problems I was having.
It is indeed that one, I'll try doing so now. Thank you.


Edit, I turned off social and a few minutes later:
 
Last edited:

arms

Active member
#7
Getting exact same problem.

From your list we are running social, xentags,steam auth,widget framework,sitemap and post rating
 

Eoj Nawoh

Active member
#8
Getting exact same problem.

From your list we are running social, xentags,steam auth,widget framework,sitemap and post rating
And if we go by your list, combined with the one unconfirmed error, the likely culprits would be: XenTag, Widget Framework or Steam Auth.

Not conclusively one of those three, but if the unconfirmed error we had on our forums is legitimate.