1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Permission to Edit Posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AtoZ, Oct 14, 2015.

1. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

I need some help troubleshooting this. Users do not see the option to Edit their posts even though I have it enabled in their user group permissions. Could this be overridden by something else? Moderators are the only ones who see the Edit links.

Attached Files:

2. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Try the analyse permissions feature under the ACP users menu to find out what is stopping a specific user from having a permission.

Also set the time limit as you want. Unlimited or a specific time.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You have the editing time limit set to 0 which is why they can't edit. Set it to something else.
  4. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

THANK YOU. I was overlooking that because when I saw 0 I thought "unlimited".
  5. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I agree this is confusing. I can't think of them right now but I no in some contexts ) is used to mean unlimited.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That is true, but that's usually in contexts that don't already have an explicit "unlimited" option.
  7. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

Right, this is one of those cases where I'd completed an overnight upgrade, then wrestled with permissions for so long I was overlooking the obvious. I had managed to get this setting right for my moderators but not my regular users. I appreciate the help in seeing what I couldn't see. :)