MG 2.0 Pending moderation photos

polle

Users upload photos and they get a message telling them the photo will be pending for moderation.

In registered users permissions I have "Add media items without approval" set to yes.

Why are the photos going to moderation ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Have you checked the permission setting in the categories? If "add media items without approval" is set to No or Never in the categories, that will override the user group permission.

Can you share where is that ?

The only "Media category permissions" I see under "Groups and permissions" lets me see and change permissions "by user" and not the complete category.

Thank you.

Thank you, It was not in no or never. I changed it yo yes to see if it corrects the problem.

Everything was working perfectly, the only change was the upgrade.

Thanks again.

Thank you, It was not in no or never. I changed it yo yes to see if it corrects the problem.

Everything was working perfectly, the only change was the upgrade.

Thanks again.
If you have "Add media items without approval" set to "Yes" in User group permissions > Registered user group

1528906582169.webp

then you should have "Add media items without approval" set to "Inherit" in Media category permissions > Registered user group

1528906746496.webp

You would only need to use Yes instead of Inherit in Category permissions if you had the permission set to No in User group permissions.

I have this same problem. What is the solution? I have permissions set as recommended above. Do I need to set media category permissions to yes instead of inherit to make it work?

It was working before the last upgrade.

Everything looks fine. I will put in a support ticket to see why this is happening.

Did the original poster solve this problem? Or did he have to set to yes instead of inherit in media categories?

Everything looks fine. I will put in a support ticket to see why this is happening.

Did the original poster solve this problem? Or did he have to set to yes instead of inherit in media categories?
I believe it was solved by setting permissions as I suggested. In his case the new permission in my 2nd post was the issue.

Did you actually use Analyse permissions? Just checking user group permissions isn't sufficient as permissions from multiple user groups for a user can have an effect especially if Never (which generally should be avoided) has been used.

I had Inherit and changed it to yes. The thing here, is why it was working for years until the last update having yes and Inherit?.

From his post it looks like he already had permissions set as you recommended, as did I.

I ran Analyse for one of the users whose media went into the approval queue and they were set correctly.

From his post it looks like he already had permissions set as you recommended, as did I.

I ran Analyse for one of the users whose media went into the approval queue and they were set correctly.
Did you analyse that users permissions on both Global permissions and Media category permissions (on a node you are having problems with for this user)? Both need looking at - whilst global permissions could look fine, Media category permissions could give a different result depending on the media category setup.

I uploaded media in my test account and it does not go into the approval queue, so it is not happening with everyone. I’ll post if I get this figured out in my system.

Top Bottom