PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

An issue with 1.5.0 after installation is when someone clicks on the Paypal button it comes up with the error, Stripe is not enabled. Well yes, I have Stripe unchecked and disabled simply because I don't want it so how to get around this issue?
As I said on paidmembers.net It was fixed... :)

Is there a way to view earning statistics?

Good Point. No there aren't any statistics yet. The original plan was to have a separate Analytics section but it did not get written. Now with 2.0 on the anvil, it's unlikely that will get written before PemBer 2.0 is released (with XF 2 compatibility).

Hello, this might be a false alarm... but I just had two users removed from their upgrade, however they have not cancelled their accounts. I even checked the Paypal recurring payments dashboard, and their accounts are still active... and payment is due today, however nothing has been sent yet.

Is there a discrepancy between recurring Paypal payment profile generation and Pember recurring user upgrade expiration? Are all my users going to have a short period of time each month where their upgrade is removed, even while still being active members? Is this an issue with Paypal that I need to resolve? Do these users reliably get their account back after their profile expires?

I'm just wondering if this is a fluke that will fix itself... or something I should be concerned over. Let me know if you have any ideas.

upload_2016-9-21_2-3-32.webp

upload_2016-9-21_2-3-56.webp

Hello, this might be a false alarm... but I just had two users removed from their upgrade, however they have not cancelled their accounts. I even checked the Paypal recurring payments dashboard, and their accounts are still active... and payment is due today, however nothing has been sent yet.

Is there a discrepancy between recurring Paypal payment profile generation and Pember recurring user upgrade expiration? Are all my users going to have a short period of time each month where their upgrade is removed, even while still being active members? Is this an issue with Paypal that I need to resolve? Do these users reliably get their account back after their profile expires?

I'm just wondering if this is a fluke that will fix itself... or something I should be concerned over. Let me know if you have any ideas.

View attachment 141040

View attachment 141041

Hi @Bluedrake42

When you say "removed" I am assuming you mean their upgrade shows up as expired in PemBer while their next payment has not yet come in.

If yes, that should not happen.

One possibility is if the user had another upgrade active which also gave the same usergroup to the user, which has expired downgrading the user.
Another possibility is if that your server's timezone was somehow changed in the interim pre-poning the end_date by a few hours.

In any case, the fix is easy. But we have to determine the cause first.

Can you please run the following two queries in your phpMyAdmin and share the results with me. Send me a private conversation as they will contain some private data.

Code:
select *, from_unixtime(end_date), from_unixtime(original_end_date)
from xf_user_upgrade_expired
where user_id in (2,3)

Replace 2,3 with the user_id of the two users Tumbleweed15 and warhound2

Second Query,

Code:
select *
from pember_paypal_ipn
where recurring_payment_id in ('I-GUTDB9J29USA','I-GUTDB9J29USA')
and txn_type = 'recurring_payment'

Replace the two profile ids with the ones for the above two users.

If you are uncomfortable running queries in phpMyAdmin, please share the phpmyadmin login details with me in a private message and I will investigate myself. These queries will basically tell me what is the exact timestamp that paypal will charge the users and what is the exact timestamp when pember expires the user so that I can determine the difference between the two.

Hm yes, that's what it was. I saw their payments come in and they were upgraded back to their original status. Strange.

I'll look at doing that fix sometime soon, not urgent right now.

One quick question, does this plugin work with selling single products? Like merchandise? Or software? Would we be able to set quantity of a sale? So a max number of times it can be purchased? All things I think we could benefit from greatly.

Oh, also I'm not seeing the option for sending a conversation on purchase?

Edit:
Nevermind, I see my version is outdated

Last edited:
One quick question, does this plugin work with selling single products? Like merchandise? Or software? Would we be able to set quantity of a sale? So a max number of times it can be purchased? All things I think we could benefit from greatly.

Hi @Bluedrake42

With PemBer you can sell anything. But there is no quantity tracking. A single non-recurring product can be bought multiple times each time extending the end date.

You can create multiple products with a heirarchy, like one gets disabled if the other is purchased, which may or may not be useful to you depending on your use case.

I can provide some suggestions if you explain your use case more.

Having said this, I have had requests for quantity tracking and cart functionality from other users as well. But at this point it is not something which will get added. When I am doing the architecture design of PemBer 2.0 after we know what is going to be in XenForo 2.0, I will take a very hard look at it.

How do users cancel their subscriptions? I had a user trying to today, but when he went to the account upgrades it just gave him options to buy. Is there a place for users to cancel?

Oh also for conversations... does that send a conversation every time a user renews their membership? Or only when they first purchase. Hopefully its the latter =P

How do users cancel their subscriptions? I had a user trying to today, but when he went to the account upgrades it just gave him options to buy. Is there a place for users to cancel?

Hi, yes there is.

In PemBer Admin options you have to tick this option.

upload_2016-9-23_21-10-3.webp

Oh also for conversations... does that send a conversation every time a user renews their membership? Or only when they first purchase. Hopefully its the latter =P

The conversation goes out on every first time purchase. So for recurring products, it will only go out when they first buy membership. For fixed time or permanent product, it will go out when they buy it, and again if they buy it again.

He said that in version 1.5 was to appear the nickname of who had bought.
But I still do not see it in Object ..
View attachment 141180

Sorry Bob. Actually to be honest this just slipped my mind during the final update.

Anways here's a fix for you temporarily. Replace the file \library\PemBer\Model\UserUpgrade.php with this attached image and you will have the username in brackets with the product name in your paypal.

upload_2016-9-23_21-35-51.webp

Attachments

I can't remember... but if a user purchases a membership higher than their original one, does it automatically upgrade? Or do I still need to cancel their previous membership?

I just had a user who started at 5.99$ and upgraded to 50$. Does that automatically cancel his previous membership? Or do I need to do it manually?

I can't remember... but if a user purchases a membership higher than their original one, does it automatically upgrade? Or do I still need to cancel their previous membership?

I just had a user who started at 5.99$ and upgraded to 50$. Does that automatically cancel his previous membership? Or do I need to do it manually?

It depends on how you have set PemBer up. When you are defining the higher product, if you have ticked the "Disabled Products" and also ticked the "Cancel Disabled Products on Purchase", then PemBer will automatically cancel his previous membership.

upload_2016-10-2_9-22-12.webp

Top Bottom