PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

Sadik B updated PemBer - Paid Membership & Affiliates System with a new update entry:

"Fix Unapplied" and some other new features

Hello All

Today I am releasing the next stable version of PemBer.

PemBer 1.3.1
fixes one bug found since the last version was released and introduces three new features.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug where disabled products wouldn't show up in Admin CP.
New Features:

A problem which surfaced on several PemBer customer sites was Registration abandonment after payment. What would happen is that a user browsing as guest would purchase a product and then be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Sadik B

Can I use the affiliate part to promote my VIP memberships that require a paid subscription? There's no physical products on our site, just premium membership.

Let's say I charge $5 per month, and want to give $2 to affiliates who help me get new members - is that something I can do? Offer members a % of the premium memberships they have referred? I guess give them a few bucks for each premium member they refer.

@Sadik B

Can I use the affiliate part to promote my VIP memberships that require a paid subscription? There's no physical products on our site, just premium membership.

Let's say I charge $5 per month, and want to give $2 to affiliates who help me get new members - is that something I can do? Offer members a % of the premium memberships they have referred? I guess give them a few bucks for each premium member they refer.

Yes that's exactly possible.

However you should know that affiliate commissions are for the first payment only. Meaning if the $5 is a recurring subscription, the affiliate will get the $2 only for the first month.

Also you need to activate MassPay API from Paypal (it is free, you have to request to enable it) to automate the affiliate commission payout.

Oh Just so I didn't misunderstand you, you will also be switching to using PemBer for selling new subscriptions.

I want to allow people to buy the same subscription twice, for example, someone with two weeks left of a subscription could purchase the same sub again for another year so that the subscription will now run for 54 weeks.

Is this possible? Thanks

I want to allow people to buy the same subscription twice, for example, someone with two weeks left of a subscription could purchase the same sub again for another year so that the subscription will now run for 54 weeks.

Is this possible? Thanks

Hey @Joeychgo that is a standard feature of PemBer and it works exactly like you want. A non recurring subscription can be purchased again and it extends the end date of the subscription.

Hi @Sadik B :)

Is it possible for users to choose how much they want to pay for a given feature on a monthly basis? For example, say a user usually pays $10 a month, can they drop it to $5 a month if they have a couple of tight months and need to save a few dollars here and there?

Also: If I install PemBer, what happens to my existing Account Upgrades? Will those terminate as normal? I assume if I remove visibility from all the Account Upgrades, users will then only be able to use PemBer rather than accidentally re-purchase their previous Account Upgrade?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hi @Sadik B :)

Is it possible for users to choose how much they want to pay for a given feature on a monthly basis? For example, say a user usually pays $10 a month, can they drop it to $5 a month if they have a couple of tight months and need to save a few dollars here and there?

Unfortunately not. You cannot change existing subscription rates. And you should also note that Paypal does not let subscription values be changed by more than 20% from original agreement.

Also: If I install PemBer, what happens to my existing Account Upgrades? Will those terminate as normal? I assume if I remove visibility from all the Account Upgrades, users will then only be able to use PemBer rather than accidentally re-purchase their previous Account Upgrade?

Thanks! :)

If you install PemBer, existing subscriptions purchased through the default xenforo user upgrades will continue to work.

New upgrades will be purchased through pember. Pember redirects the default xenforo user upgrades page to the product page of pember, so members can no longer buy using the old system. You don't have to do anything. Pember takes care of it.

Regards

Sadik B updated PemBer - Paid Membership & Affiliates System with a new update entry:

Maintenance Update

This is a maintenance release of PemBer.

This release fixes a couple of bugs and adds some extra information to the "Fix Unapplied" page.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug where purchasing a permanent product could downgrade a user in a very particular case.
  • Added condition when cancelling a disabled product without selecting any disabled products produced an error.
Enhancement:
  • On the fix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @ScarletCox what do you have in Admin->PemBer->PemBer Options->Sales Page URL

If you are not using a different sales page, just leave that field blank.

Top Bottom