PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

I would prefer that pin codes be used for my suggestion / purpose. My members are not webmasters or whatever. This is a PERK for already paying members to make some extra coin and help the site out even further while they are at it. I do not wish for them to spam affiliate links out. It is up to them to make sure the people they are getting to purchase a membership put in a code. No code input, no shared revenue.

No code input, no shared revenue.
That's my whole point. What's in it for new users to take that extra step? When/if members see people registering under their link but get no revenue because the referee didn't bother to enter codes, they won't be happy, be them webmaster or whatever...

My community members are all about personal relationships that have been created through the site, putting a pin number in will not be an issue.

I'm not arguing your position on using links per se, but those alone will not be as impactful for what I'm trying to do.

Cheers,

Regs.

Hey Guys, I have not fully feature locked this, but working on this today I was more inclined for adding a get parameter to the url and saving the referral in a cookie. My reasons for doing something are almost always ease of use. I will not make something which users find complicated.

So with that in mind, the first question I had was how is someone going to refer someone else? Uber is a worldwide success story and I saw how they are doing it. They simply append the referrers code to the url which the referrer can share. So I like that... it's simple. So, in xenforo I am going to put a link somewhere very conspicuous where members can click which opens a popup. The popup for now only has a link which gets auto highlighted on click and members can copy that link and share wherever they want. That link is going to have their affiliate code as a GET parameter.

When someone is going to visit the sales page with that get parameter set, it's gonna save the cookie, which will credit the referring member. If they directly buy from the purchase link (which may or may not be present in the popup earlier, still not decided on that one), that's also gonna credit the referring member.

I may or may not tie the points earned to a popular credits addon here... We personally don't use a credits addon yet so still undecided on that one...

Anyways, the above is what I am considering at the moment, you guys will see an update very soon... :)

You'll very likely get requests for credits addon(s) compatibility at some point.

May I ask though, not to name the affiliate code part "affiliate" or "aff" or "referrer" or "ref". Thank you. :)

Can you try and make the system (optional) tied to usergroups?

I want only current paid members to be able to revenue share. And if they stop being a paid member, revenue sharing stops until they become a paying member again.

Hi Adam, the issue is fixed. There was a stray ` character in the install file when creating tables for the first time. It's fixed now. Please re-download from the customer forums at paidmembers.net.

Had to uninstall previous version to install fixed version 1.1.1 and now get this error when loading xml file:

Please send a fix I have been trying 3 versions to get this going always to come up with a new error.

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate key name 'pember_product_code'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in PemBer/Install.php at line 116
  4. PemBer_Install::_alterTablesNewInstall() in PemBer/Install.php at line 18
  5. PemBer_Install::install()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 88
  8. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
  9. XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
  10. ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
  12. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 128
  14. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dnforum/domains/dnforum.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Hey Adam,

You did not have to uninstall. That error is because the addon intentionally does not delete all tables on uninstall unless specifically told to, since we don't want to lose payment data. If you had simply upgraded, it would have worked fine. Can you please PM me your board's admin and I will perform an install for you.

To everyone considering buying this plugin, don't worry about any bugs.
Sadik does an amazing job with support and fixed all my issues within 30 min.
I would strongly recommend this plugin.

Adam Dicker

@Sadik B

How goes the affiliate / rev share stuff?

Cheers,

Regs.

Hey RDR

I am working on a large addon for a gaming site (one which shows a gamer leaderboard) and that is expected to finish this weekend. So after that it will be PemBer. I would say a PemBer update for next weekend (24th) is very likely.

Reactions: RDR
Hey Guys....

Apologies for the delay but I have good news!

Here's a couple of screenshots from the upcoming invite feature:

share_page.webp

chart.webp

We are upgrading PemBer with the invite feature on our site, CrazyStrength this thursday. After it's live for a couple of days, I would release the update for customers.

Top Bottom