Pay to Post [Paid] [Deleted]

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Pay to Post - Accept payment for threads!

This add-on allows you to receive payment for new threads in a forum.

You can specify the price per thread, image and a price per day featured (a featured thread is a sticky - this option can be disabled).

When a user creates a new thread in a payment forum, they're redirected to a page which shows them a cost breakdown, with a button to pay via PayPal (it uses the PayPal email for user upgrades). When the payment is processed, and the valid IPN notification has been received, the thread...

Read more about this resource...

This is interesting, is there a time frame that the thread "expires" and then i guess the member wouldn't be charged anymore? What becomes of the expired thread if so?

This is interesting, is there a time frame that the thread "expires" and then i guess the member wouldn't be charged anymore? What becomes of the expired thread if so?

You mean if they don't pay?

You specify a time frame (in hours) of how long to wait for payment. After half of this time has passed, the author is sent an alert reminding them to pay.

After all the time passes, the content is deleted.

There's a cron that runs every so often to send reminders and delete unpaid content.

Only staff can see unpaid content.

Liam

You mean if they don't pay?

You specify a time frame (in hours) of how long to wait for payment. After half of this time has passed, the author is sent an alert reminding them to pay.

After all the time passes, the content is deleted.

There's a cron that runs every so often to send reminders and delete unpaid content.

Only staff can see unpaid content.

Liam
Is it possible to go into moderation as apposed to deletion?

Can paid for threads and resource listings still enter the moderation queue? I'd still like to moderate these listings, paid or not.
Just checking before i buy this.

Can paid for threads and resource listings still enter the moderation queue? I'd still like to moderate these listings, paid or not.
Just checking before i buy this.

Yes, but payment will still be requested at post time - so payment may be received while they're still in moderation.

Liam

Reactions: Rob
Perfect, thank you.

I'd really like to allow people to pay to post in our events section. This currently uses xenAtendo which I understand is abandoned so there is no scope there, however if you ever consider making an events calendar mod with RSVP and mapping then this feature would power lots of paid events on many forums.

Liam --
Thanks for posting this, it is great!

There's only one option missing that I think would make it perfect -- the ability to turn it on or off based on usergroup (ie, we don't want our premium members to have to pay to post, but everyone else should..)

Top Bottom