Patreon User Upgrades Integration

thomasha

I had a thought.
Does anyone know if it's possible to integrate Patreon with user upgrades?
Basically make the monthly contribution on Patreon be recognised as an equivalent "membership tier" and get upgraded automatically.
Might be something I'm willing to pay for getting developed if at all possible in some fashion.

There appears to be an API but it is only visible if you run some kind of campaign I believe and I tried to take a look at it but cant see anything even remotely related to an API on their site.

There are some libraries on github which could prove useful for this though all the links back to the documentation at patreon just land you at a home page so I am not sure if any of this is even valid anymore.

https://github.com/Patreon/patreon-php
https://github.com/Patreon/patreon-python

I had a thought.
Does anyone know if it's possible to integrate Patreon with user upgrades?
Basically make the monthly contribution on Patreon be recognised as an equivalent "membership tier" and get upgraded automatically.
Might be something I'm willing to pay for getting developed if at all possible in some fashion.
thomasha If you are still interested, let's start chat.
I have no idea what are the costs involved but I already expect it would need someone else to pledge in.
Bumping this to see if there is still any interest.
Patreon has a fairly nice API:
https://docs.patreon.com/#paging-through-a-list-of-pledges-to-you

Hence, this wouldn't be too hard to do, it's not really a complex add-on to make. If any parties here need it, I'd be up to develop it.

I am extremely interested in this! How much would it cost to do this. Needing patreon pledges being tied to permissions/usergroups on Xenforo.

ie. Someone pledges on patreon which will upgrade them to a new usergroup on Xenforo and if they cancel their pledge, their account will be downgraded automatically.

I am extremely interested in this! How much would it cost to do this. Needing patreon pledges being tied to permissions/usergroups on Xenforo.

ie. Someone pledges on patreon which will upgrade them to a new usergroup on Xenforo and if they cancel their pledge, their account will be downgraded automatically.
Lets start private chat to exchange thoughts.

Hi @GoPluto

I am refactoring PemBer for XF 2.0. It's both fun to code for the new system and a time consuming hell-hole! :)

I have plans for introducing new supported payment types to PemBer after version 2 is released based on demand. I don't know how popular Patreon is.

Hi @GoPluto

I am refactoring PemBer for XF 2.0. It's both fun to code for the new system and a time consuming hell-hole! :)

I have plans for introducing new supported payment types to PemBer after version 2 is released based on demand. I don't know how popular Patreon is.

I really recommend considering it, Patreon takes the payments, handles EU VAT-MOSS so we don't have to and pays the content creators in one big lump each month. I think this would be a great solution for site owners who want to take payments/subscriptions from users across the world including the EU and not having to worry about per country vat issues or anything along those lines.

My thinking was that we could link up our patreon account to pember/xenforo then when the user chooses to pay by patreon (or just visits patreon and selects a pledge) it will link to our patreon page where they can select a pledge, pay for it and when they are done and return back to the site Xenforo will recognise the pledge and apply whatever user upgrades etc that Pember usually would.

The big thing like I said though, is that Patreon handles EU VAT MOSS so it would be a really compelling option for Pember users wanting to sell their services in the EU without all the hassles that come along with that.

Hey there. Sorry to bump an old thread.

I'm actually interested in this. Has a plugin for this been developed yet? I'm having some trouble finding one.

Seems like the link RalleRalle posted and this PemBer plugin no longer exists.

Last edited:
Hey there. Sorry to bump an old thread.

I'm actually interested in this. Has a plugin for this been developed yet? I'm having some trouble finding one.

Seems like the link RalleRalle posted and this PemBer plugin no longer exists.
I have started a private conversation to discuss further as this integration is possible without any issue.

So I see there talk of a private chat, and this being not being hard to do. Let's talk development time needed if its that simple, doable in a sprint? 2 sprints? This seems to fulfill a needed gap, and has quite a bit of utility.

Top Bottom