XF 1.4 Paths that override/ignore "Path to Images"

imthebest

Hi,

I'm using the default XenForo theme and that's the only theme available on my site. I have changed the style property "Path to Images" from styles/default to styles/myown however I noticed that the logo was still loading from styles/default/xenforo/logo.png so I also changed that style property to styles/myown/xenforo/logo.png

Now while navigating through my ACP I noticed that the mini logo that appears at the top in the middle is also still loading from styles/default/xenforo/XenForo-small.png so the questions are:

1. How do I change the path of that mini logo being displayed at the ACP?
2. How many other paths do I need to change apart from "Path to Images"?

And finally, a personal comment/suggestion: every image should be loaded from "Path to Images", why do you offer an option to set a custom path to images when in fact there are many areas that don't follow the path specified there?

Thanks,
Super120

Hi,

I'm using the default XenForo theme and that's the only theme available on my site. I have changed the style property "Path to Images" from styles/default to styles/myown however I noticed that the logo was still loading from styles/default/xenforo/logo.png so I also changed that style property to styles/myown/xenforo/logo.png

Now while navigating through my ACP I noticed that the mini logo that appears at the top in the middle is also still loading from styles/default/xenforo/XenForo-small.png so the questions are:

1. How do I change the path of that mini logo being displayed at the ACP?
2. How many other paths do I need to change apart from "Path to Images"?

And finally, a personal comment/suggestion: every image should be loaded from "Path to Images", why do you offer an option to set a custom path to images when in fact there are many areas that don't follow the path specified there?

Thanks,
Super120

The admin side isn't effected by the "Style Path" because you're not setting your ACP style path, you're setting the front end style path. The admin logo can be changed by replacing XenForo.png in the styles/default/xenforo/

Of course if you upload /default/ on a new upgrade it could get overwritten.

The admin logo can be changed by replacing XenForo.png in the styles/default/xenforo/

Of course if you upload /default/ on a new upgrade it could get overwritten.

And the ACP doesn't have something like it's own "Path to Images" style property? It's going to be a pain to update XenForo.png and XenForo-small.png after every XF upgrade.

At least you should provide an option to customize the small logo that appears at the top of the ACP... when you own multiple forums and you need to keep a tab in your browser open for each ACP then having the small version of your logo at the top (and not the XF logo) helps A LOT to know in what forum you're working.

Top Bottom