1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Patch XF 1.4.5

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by daimpa, Jan 13, 2016.

1. daimpa

daimpa Member

Hello, at the moment I've xenforo 1.4.5 installed, with patch 1.4.8. I want to install the security fixes and I'm not interested in new features. Which should be the process? Install all security patches version by version from 1.4.8 to 1.4.12? Does this work?
  2. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

I don't think 1.5.5 was a security update. Generaly they have a release for all of the 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 when it's a security update
  3. daimpa

daimpa Member

Hi, thanks for your reply, but I've XF 1.4.5 with patch 1.4.8. XF 1.4.10, XF 1.4.11 and XF 1.4.12 have security fixes.
  4. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Ah misread your post. The patches are in the announcement thread for each of the announcements. They may work but it'd be best to try them on a test board first of course :p

daimpa likes this.
  5. daimpa

daimpa Member

Ok thanks for your help. Would be great if someone has XF 1.4.5 with patch 1.4.12 and can confirm that it works in the meanwhile :)
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Is there any particular reason you can't just upgrade from 1.4.5 to 1.4.12 properly?

Installing all of those patches may work without upgrading but we can't guarantee that, and I would suggest you test it.
    Jake B. likes this.
  7. daimpa

daimpa Member

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.
    The reason is that I don't have much time, and I'm worried that the templates changes will cause me some headaches. :(