Passwords Not Imported?

imno007

I had created a test user account on my old smf forum, and after importing to Xenforo and trying to login to my Xenforo board with that test user's password I am getting a message that the password is incorrect. I know for a fact that the password I'm using is correct because I just used the same one to successfully login to my smf install. I'm encountering the same thing trying to login with my old admin account from the smf board. Do the passwords not get imported, or am I overlooking something? Since I had to first import to VB to import to Xenforo, maybe the passwords didn't get imported to VB...? Unfortunately, I didn't test out the VB import first, although I never encountered any errors.

TIA

If you're doing a double import, passwords won't be imported. If you're using an unofficial importer, you'd need to contact the author to see how they've handled it.

Hi Mike, I'm using Xenforo's own importer to import from VB, but of course there is no importer for SMF - unless you count the old error riddled, unsupported one that's been posted on here somewhere. So...no way to import the users. Can anyone suggest an easy way to import them directly from the VB database to the Xenforo database, or am I going to have to have all my forum members reset their passwords? Hmm, I suppose I could try using that old smf importer to import just the users and hope for the best.

If you still have the intermediate vB database with the import ids, and your XF database still has the import log, then I should be able to get passwords working if you give me access to all 3 databases.

If you still have the intermediate vB database with the import ids, and your XF database still has the import log, then I should be able to get passwords working if you give me access to all 3 databases.

Thanks, Jake, but like I said I think I've found a way to import them along with everything else. And this was just a test run, so I'll have to do it all over again "for real" next time. And besides all that, I've got a lot of nested boards and none of the suggestions I've been given so far have worked to make them look like anything but crap, so it looks like I'll have to wait for 1.2 anyway for the forum to even be navigable. But if I still can't solve the problem next time around, I'll know who to call on. ;)

Top Bottom