XF 1.3 Password issues after import

MITK

I have some users who are reporting password issues after importing to XF from PHPBB3.

For some reason some of them can't recover their password (Maybe fat figured it?)

I was wondering if there was a way I can trigger the forgot password link for specific users so that it emails them the password link?

I have some users who are reporting password issues after importing to XF from PHPBB3.

For some reason some of them can't recover their password (Maybe fat figured it?)

I was wondering if there was a way I can trigger the forgot password link for specific users so that it emails them the password link?
Put a notice up that if they can't log in on their attempts to utilize the request password reset option on the logon screen.

Never said anything about invalid email address.

I am looking for a way that I as the Administrator can trigger the forgot password function for certain users so that will get an email and can follow the directions to reset their password.

Is it that hard for your users to click a simple link? I don't see how it can get any simpler than that.
screenshot.webp

As I said, the only time it will present a problem is if they no longer have a valid email address on file and if that's the case then sending the password reset email from the ACP to them will do no good anyway.
That's also why I recommended a notice to run for a short time.

All that link does is ask them for their email address that they registered with. I can see that it might be a problem if they can't remember their email that they registered with. In that case, they can do a "Contact Us" message and relay the info to you but then you can never be sure that the one requesting it is the user in question.

Odds are what has happened is they trusted their browser to remember it and the software change resulted in it not being input automatically. Not much you can do about that if they can't remember their email or their password AFAIK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom