• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ParseHTML - Permission-enabled HTML BBCode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke F

This addon, as requested here, allows your members with the appropriate permission to post plain HTML within [parsehtml] BBCode tags.

Currently the tag is only enabled within threads and post previews (edit, reply, new thread).

Update 0.0.4 to 0.0.5:

1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root
  2. Upgrade using new addon xml file
Installation:

1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root
  2. Install addon xml file
  3. Configure the extra permission as you see fit.
  4. Optional XenPorta support
Changelog:

0.0.5 (26/12/2011):

• Brought up to date with latest 1.1.1 code
  • Added support for edit previews
  • Added support for inline edit saves
  • Prevented media/url auto linking within parsehtml tags
0.0.4 (21/11/2010):

• Added a nasty workaround to actually fix the incompatibility BBCode Manager this time :p
0.0.3 (21/11/2010):

• Removed unnecessary code which was probably breaking BBCode Manager.
0.0.2 (21/11/2010):

• Added support for Reply and Create Thread Preview, and AJAX Quick Reply.
  • Removed extra line break after [parsehtml] tag.
  • Fixed auto linked url tags from showing up.
  • Text inside [parsehtml] no longer bypasses the word censor.
0.0.1 (20/11/2010): First public release

Disclaimer: This uses a very non-standard way of checking user permissions (mainly to avoid file edits), so please take this into consideration given what the addon allows users to do. I have only given it limited testing and take no responsibility if your board is compromised through nasty HTML. Also keep in mind that this addon overrides a large chunk of XenForo code for thread viewing (for now), and will probably need updated on each XF release.

Donations go here. :)

I can't thank you enough Darkinmortal :) It works very well :)

For those wondering, bbcode will not be parsed in any part of the post if [parsehtml] is present, and the AJAX posting does not show parsedHTML, you will need to refresh the page. But it works!!!

I'm contacting him for details ;)

Xenforo is still parsing urls though :( which doesn't work :(
HTML:
<a href="http://google.com">G </a> is becoming  <a href="[URL]http://google.com[/URL]">G</a>

0.0.2 released :)

I couldn't reproduce the bit about it stopping other bbcode from being parsed however.

I couldn't be any happier :D Update fixed the URL issue :D

The bbcode issue seems to be related to using the bbcode manager and using bbcodes created through that manager, othe rnormal bbcodes work fine, so no problem ^^

That's what it seems like. I think how it works (I could be mistaken is) it creates a somewhat alternative pathway to render the pages which does not have the callbacks methods from BB Code Manager :/

The callbacks are called statically via PHP, so location doesn't matter. I'm not entirely sure why this would be working in such a way, will try to expose a method for setting extra array parameters for advanced tags such as this with the manager, so it can render an add-on such as this obsolete (no offense Dark...!), where once its written, it could be stand alone or placed into the BB Code Manager, this, in theory could solve your issues. I will continue to investigate this over the next few days. But a quick fix that should work would be to open the file located at KingK/BbCodeManager/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php and replace the function getTags() with the following code:
PHP:
	public function getTags()
	{
		$this->_tags = parent::getTags();
		$customTags = XenForo_Model::create('KingK_BbCodeManager_Model_CustomBbCode')->getAllCustomBbCodes();
		foreach($customTags AS $custom)
		{
			if((boolean)$custom['active'])
			{
				if($custom['replacementBegin'])
				{
					$this->_tags[$custom['tag']] = array(
						'hasOption' => $this->_hasOption($custom['requiresOption']),
						'replace' => array($custom['replacementBegin'], $custom['replacementEnd'])
				}
				else if($custom['phpcallback_class'])
				{
						'parseCallback' => array($this, 'parseValidatePlainIfNoOption'),
						'callback' => array($this, 'renderAdvancedTag')
					);
				}
			}
		}
		$tags['parsehtml'] = array(
				'hasOption' => false,
				'plainChildren' => true,
				'stopSmilies' => true,
				'stopLineBreakConversion' => true,
				'trimLeadingLinesAfter' => 1,
				'callback' => array($this, 'renderTagParseHtml')
			);
		return $this->_tags;
	}

public function renderTagParseHtml(array $tag, array $rendererStates)
	{
		if($this->user_id < 1)
			return $this->renderTagUnparsed($tag, $rendererStates);
		@$usermodel = XenForo_Model::getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_User');
		$user = $usermodel->getUserById($this->user_id, array(
			'join' => XenForo_Model_User::FETCH_USER_PERMISSIONS
		));
		if(!XenForo_Permission::hasPermission(unserialize($user['global_permission_cache']), 'dark_parsehtml', 'thread'))
			return $this->renderTagUnparsed($tag, $rendererStates);		
		$content = $this->stringifyTree($tag['children']);
		$content = str_ireplace(array("[url]", "[/url]", "[email]", "[/email]", "[media]", "[/media]"), "", $content);
		$content = XenForo_Helper_String::censorString($content);
		//$content = $this->filterString($content, $rendererStates);

return '<div class="parseHTML">' . $content . '</div>';
	}

Then, in this add-on, remove the PHP file located at Dark/ParseHTML/BbCode/Formatter/Ritsu.php. Don't worry, its contents are in the edit I provided above. Doing so should in theory and hopefully fix your problem. If not, there are some more issues within my manager that need to be worked out.

I think you missed a ); here
PHP:
                if($custom['replacementBegin'])
                {
                        'hasOption' => $this->_hasOption($custom['requiresOption']),
                        'replace' => array($custom['replacementBegin'], $custom['replacementEnd'])
                    );
                }
The solution is not working though :(

After changing KingK/BbCodeManager/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php and removing Dark/ParseHTML/BbCode/Formatter/Ritsu.php I get the following error
Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php on line 1360 contains
PHP:
$tag['children'][$first] = ltrim($tag['children'][$first]);

Disabling the parseHTML hack gives the following error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method KingK_BbCodeManager_BbCode_Formatter_Base::_hasOption() in /public_html/library/KingK/BbCodeManager/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php on line 18

I hope that helps you debug the problem :)

Fixed the incompatibility with BBCode Manager, I think.

Dunno why I left the getTagsAgain function from TaigaChat in >.>

NoIF, revert back to normal. If it had worked, I wouldn't have minded figuring out teh real reason with Dark. But I wrote it late without much sleep. Ooops. :D

NoIF, revert back to normal. If it had worked, I wouldn't have minded figuring out teh real reason with Dark. But I wrote it late without much sleep. Ooops. :D
Wish it had :( Thanks for the effort though

Fixed the incompatibility with BBCode Manager, I think.
The 0.03 is still giving me the same problem as reported in post #9. BBcodes using the BBcode Manager callback methods are still not working :(

What happens if someone has permission to use that code, but someone quotes the post. It shows as plain text and doesn't get executed right? Security is a must.

What happens if someone has permission to use that code, but someone quotes the post. It shows as plain text and doesn't get executed right? Security is a must.

Yup, the permissions are based on who the poster is, regardless of quotes etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom