Parent category empty even when child categories full

dotpro

It is nice when you have the ability to organize and nest categories like:

Category Parent
---------Category Child 1
---------------Sub Cat A (a lot of pics)
---------------Sub Cat B (a lot of pics)
---------------Sub Cat C (a lot of pics)
---------Category Child 2
---------------Sub Cat D (a lot of pics)
---------------Sub Cat E (a lot of pics)
---------------Sub Cat F (a lot of pics)

Instead showing EMPTY page when user clicks on Category Parent and Category Child 1, XMG should show last updated categories under them.

It is not apparent when you click on "media" here on the xf forum but most sites will not have structure like that and as an end user, I would like to see something instead of nothing. It will result in quick navigation to latest content instead of having to click couple of more time and drill down to where the pictures are, in deep nested scenario anyway.

Parent categories already show what are in child categories in the situation you describe. Simply set the parent category to be viewable but not permit media to be added to it. It then acts as a container and shows all child category media.

Parent categories already show what are in child categories in the situation you describe. Simply set the parent category to be viewable but not permit media to be added to it. It then acts as a container and shows all child category media.
Wonderful, thank you.

Now only if RSS feeds did the same (I had to get some custom work done in photopost for this), life would be so much better. :D

Can you please tell me the settings to accomplish it acting like a container? Thank you!

Top Bottom